Which cage company to go with? - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

View Poll Results: Which company to go with?
BARRS 27 21.77%
Animal Plastic 84 67.74%
Percision Caging 13 10.48%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2005, 02:07 AM   #71
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
There is no denying that, bro. Their ads are a definate turn off and disrespectful to say the least.

I love their cage products though. They are the best cages out there in my opinion, and like I said before, I personally have not had the customer service nightmares that many others have had. It is just a shame that their advertising approach and sometimes poor customer service drives people away because they really do make a great cage with some of the best options on the market.
I agree. I REALLY like my boaphile racks and cages - so much that I stomach the minor hassles and wouldn't bother trying a different manufacturer. Jeff and Joel are a little hard (okay, a LOT hard) to get in touch with, but when I did have a problem (UPS likes to throw things) they replied to me immediately, offered their assistance and mailed me the screws and instructions I needed to repair the rack.

The only thing I would add about their cages is that I do NOT recommend getting any WHITE cages. Snake poo stains them, and you can't get it out (at least not with any of the dozens of chemicals that I tried). I'm not sure if this applies to other 'white cage' manufacturers though. Anyone know if AP has that problem?

Old 05-26-2005, 03:01 AM   #72
David Bellis
I have had no problem cleaning anything off my white AP cages. I've cleaned up more than a few runny piles of retic poo and they're still white.

Old 05-26-2005, 10:03 AM   #73
Alias47
I just wanted to say...

I have never seen anyone...ANYONE complain about Matt's service EXCEPT Jim Scharphorn...

And I HAVE seen your racks and cages Jim...
Michigan Society of Herpetologists show...in G.R....at Godwin Elementary School...Good thing Casey didn't bring any racks...would have made yours look even worse than they do by themselves.

I think the design is complete crap...
Your racks aren't designed to be interchangeable...with those queer clear acrylic support dowels in two slots...
And the BURNED twisted PVC pipe arboreal cage furniture looks like a plastic lawn chair I threw in the burn pile last year...ugly, charred garbage.

Even if I DIDN'T know you throw tantrums like a child...I still wouldn't have considered buying any of it...

The people that buy from you must not know any better...which is a shame.

Why don't you get some of those 'MANY PEOPLE' that have had bad customer service from Matt to post here...PLEASE...

Just a couple of them...so we can see that you are a truthful person...
And not a complete LIAR (that is the correct spelling, btw)

The only thing bad about Matt is he knows I am weak...and will buy snakes impulsively...

He dangles them in front of me like a steak in front of a famine victim...

Old 05-26-2005, 10:52 AM   #74
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias47
Michigan Society of Herpetologists show...in G.R....at Godwin Elementary School...Good thing Casey didn't bring any racks...would have made yours look even worse than they do by themselves.

Your racks aren't designed to be interchangeable...with those queer clear acrylic support dowels in two slots...
And the BURNED twisted PVC pipe arboreal cage furniture looks like a plastic lawn chair I threw in the burn pile last year...ugly, charred garbage.

Even if I DIDN'T know you throw tantrums like a child...I still wouldn't have considered buying any of it...
What did I tell you Jimbo? WHAT DID I TELL YOU? You dont slam people for thier opinion on a cage thread when you sell cages.

You have a date with destiny, Jimbo. Ask me for help and I'll introduce you to hope. Through her you might find faith. And by the goodness of all three you may receive charity.

Goosefraba, Goosefraba.....Jimbo.

Old 05-26-2005, 11:07 AM   #75
jim scharphorn
Quote:
I just wanted to say...

The people that buy from you must not know any better...which is a shame.
Goes to show how much you know about cages, for one the hatchling racks with the dowels are not able to be interchangable because there is no interchangable tubs for them, then there was the sweater box rack that has dowels that are removable to switch tubs out with different ones but someone as qualified as you are would have known this.
Ya casey should have brought a rack then you would be able to sit them next to each other and seen my caddilac compaired to his chevette.

You should have introduced yourself, what were you scared ??

Thanks for mocking my cages, goes to show you just do not like me and that is the only reason you just mocked my cages, you know dang well they are the best.

Old 05-26-2005, 11:26 AM   #76
Alias47
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim scharphorn
Goes to show how much you know about cages, for one the hatchling racks with the dowels are not able to be interchangable because there is no interchangable tubs for them, then there was the sweater box rack that has dowels that are removable to switch tubs out with different ones but someone as qualified as you are would have known this.
Ya casey should have brought a rack then you would be able to sit them next to each other and seen my caddilac compaired to his chevette.

You should have introduced yourself, what were you scared ??

Thanks for mocking my cages, goes to show you just do not like me and that is the only reason you just mocked my cages, you know dang well they are the best.
I wasn't talking about shoeboxes...I was talking about the sweaters...figured they were removable...but why pay extra for a part that will get thrown away?
Besides...what is the point? Aren't your racks sturdy enough to not need them?

Your 'Cadillac' to his "Chevette"...really don't think so...your Caddie must be the one going to the crusher at the local scrap heap...because it isn't even good for parts. Besides...Casey is a GREAT guy...not only are he and Darla two of the nicest people you would ever care to meet...his service and dedication to his customers is top notch.
Why would I even consider purchasing ANYTHING from someone with your attitude and antisocial tendencies when I can get a better product from someone who I actually enjoy seeing and talking to?

HAHAHAHA I know dang well they are the best??!?!?!? Keep on living in your own little world...it bet it's nice there...where you are right...and the cows are purple...
Actually I have to thank you...this DID make me laugh...

Believe me I was tempted to introduce myself...but I decided that this was a family event...to support the MHS...and you and I having a pissing match in the middle of it would be neither prudent nor worthwhile...

And I was definitely NOT scared of you...kind of sawed off little runt...and old enough I would feel bad getting into an altercation with you. Besides you were there with your wife...and grandkids...at least thats the way it appeared...and I had my two boys with me...I am man enough to respect your family...and my own...and to respect the dealers, customers and the MHS not to start an argument with you that has absolutely no point...and will never be resolved...well other than...I don't like your product...I don't like you...and I will NEVER buy a thing from you in my life...so it is truly YOUR loss...You are a businessman...aren't you supposed to be trying to GAIN customers instead of alienating them every chance you get?

Oh...and if your intention was calling me out after that fact...I get to Michigan quite often...you are more than welcome to it...although I don't know what good it would do...other than to slow your business (even more than it is...if THAT is possible)while you heal.

Old 05-26-2005, 11:42 AM   #77
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim scharphorn
Casey has not insulted your racks. He has done nothing but respond to your infantile outbursts and even offered to replace your rack. If you want some more attention bring your thread back to the top of the BOI. I don't see there is a need to pollute yet another thread.

Old 05-26-2005, 12:13 PM   #78
jim scharphorn
Alias47 sweaters...figured they were removable...

So wich is it, you figured ? or they are not removable ? seeing your back peddling now.

Old 05-26-2005, 12:23 PM   #79
Alias47
I am most certainly not back peddling...

I did figure they would HAVE to be removable...but it isn't like I went over and kicked the darn thing to find out...
And I certainly didn't build that crap...so wasn't sure...especially when dealing with such an intelligent individual as yourself...heck they could have been super glued in place...or screwed in...at least they weren't directly in front of any of the tubs...

I did find your racks endearing...reminded me of those birdhouses kids bring home from the boy scouts or 6th grade shop class...
Most birds wouldn't find them a suitable or sturdy home...with the bad joints and glue runs...but it's the thought that counts.

Old 05-26-2005, 12:38 PM   #80
jim scharphorn
Quote:
I just wanted to say...

Looks like controdiction to me, correct me if I am wrong.

And now you ad glue runs, LOL you did not even get close to the cages to be able to tell how my dowel worked now you say glue runs, LOL

Just goes to show that there is 4 or 5 people on this circle of BOI that do not like me and they show it by slamming me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!