Server down on 06/09/08 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:16 AM   #1
WebSlave
Server down on 06/09/08

Yes crap is getting REAL old............ Some days I wish I had never, EVER, heard of the internet..................

Old 06-09-2008, 10:18 AM   #2
WebSlave
Yeah, again......

The data center pulled the hard drives out of the original chasis and put them into a new one in a different location in the data center in case it is a flaky switch or router.

If this doesn't fix the problem then I go in search of yet another server host..........

Old 06-09-2008, 10:20 AM   #3
Gary O
You just need to get with it. You know it is all your fault. Man you blame the DC all you want I know you are doing it LMMFAO........

What really sucks is you can not even kick the server. Tell the guys at the DC to do it for you

Old 06-09-2008, 10:21 AM   #4
hhmoore
...wondering if you are getting your dupicate post notice again, Rich, because I just got the email notification of a new post by you & there isn't one.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:23 AM   #5
hhmoore
now what the heck did I do....?
How did my last post end up in the middle? I just made it at 3:21pm

Old 06-09-2008, 10:24 AM   #6
hhmoore
RICH!!!!!!!!
WTH is going on, lol.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:25 AM   #7
WebSlave
Frickin' GREAT! Now the server clock is screwed up so new posts are being placed in the middle of the threads.......

Old 06-09-2008, 11:10 AM   #8
WebSlave
Hell, I don't even know where this server is located.... I have had so many servers (I think I actually have 4 or maybe 5 right now) and had them moved so many times (that DDoS crap made things happen REAL fast) that I just don't know which way is up any longer. I've got the guy who pulled me out of the fire with the DDoS stuff managing the servers for me, so at least I have spread out the headache somewhat.

I think the internet just grew too quickly and too many people jumped in with server farms to try to cash in on the flood. I've seen guys become server resellers who were asking beginner questions three months prior. Larger more established companies just could not find enough experienced techs so they hired just BODIES to take service tickets and they couldn't find their ass with both hands and a mirror. And they ALL oversell their services and equipment, because that is the only way they can make any money at it. I would bet money that none of my servers could come even close to being able to actually pull the bandwidth they are advertised as having available.

And this is the kind of basket that commercial internet concerns are asked to put all of their eggs into. It's no damned wonder that the dotcom crash happened. Many people realized what they were getting into and just said "thanks, but NO thanks".

Yeah, and I fell for it, too............

Old 06-09-2008, 03:59 PM   #9
TheFragginDragon
Strange things happening this afternoon Rich...

I try to hit the link to show new posts and get a Vbulletin message saying "Sorry! The administrator has specified that you can only do one search every 10 seconds.", although i didn't request any beforehand.

I noticed someone responded to a forum post at 3:43 this afternoon that I had subscribed to, but their post shows a time of 10:43.

I then try to get that posters profile so I can send a PM regarding said post, and I get someone elses profile coming up.

If you want, I can PM you the specific post and profiles. Not griping, just thought you should know.

Old 06-09-2008, 04:00 PM   #10
TheFragginDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Frickin' GREAT! Now the server clock is screwed up so new posts are being placed in the middle of the threads.......
NEVERMIND...I see you already noticed!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!