Sooo anyone else feeling it? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-08-2014, 06:05 PM   #1
Dbz4246
Sooo anyone else feeling it?

Ok, so I have been thinking about my sales this year on babies...and I don't know, but has anyone else felt like sales on this site, been kinda slow? I'm not complaining about sales in general, in truth I have almost sold out. But I haven't sold a single snake on this site this year at all. I barely get responses even if my ads have a price and says make an offer.

Just something that popped into my head, what do yall think? I am just completely off base here or?

Old 11-08-2014, 09:56 PM   #2
chrisis697
I havent had much luck with sales on here either but like you said not complaining cause almost all are gone from this yr. Ive had alot of views on posts but i dont believe any sold. Couple messages & conversations but nothing materialized. More window shopping then actual shopping. Good luck with this season.

Chris

Old 11-08-2014, 10:57 PM   #3
hhmoore
Nope - you're not alone. I was just thinking the other day that my stuff just isn't selling like it used to. I don't sell on Facebook, though; and I didn't bother renewing my KS account. I figured my approach is largely to blame - I don't try for lowest price strategy; so I lose a lot of buyers right there....and I've been pretty lazy about bumping or reposting ads, with the exception of the last week when I've been trying to push a few out the door. The rest of the babies can stay the winter. I don't ship after the first week of December, and by mid-January it's too cold for me to bother.
I have to admit that seeing where prices are has me leaning toward going back into retirement. Babies are fun for a while, after which they become work.

Old 11-08-2014, 11:09 PM   #4
bcr229
I bought three off this site...

Old 11-09-2014, 12:43 AM   #5
Randy F
I have bought, sold, and traded off here in the past year. People are just looking for stupid deals, and even then they don't jump. I have a guy right now asking if he can have my breeder Firemon female or super emperor pin female for $150. I think it's good that prices are dropping to where people can afford the snakes they dream of, but some of it gets pathetic.

Old 11-09-2014, 12:56 AM   #6
Occidentalis
I've had some luck on Fauna and I'm extremely grateful for the site.

Where are you guys making your sales? I haven't had a single hit from the reptilemarketplace, and I don't have a kingsnake account. I've sold some stuff locally on craigslist though.

Old 11-09-2014, 01:10 AM   #7
Dbz4246
Ok, yea that's what I have been feeling lately, and honestly I think prices I put were fair, but a lot are going for the lowest possible price and expect every other seller to do the same. I don't use facebook, and I don't use any other reptile site except this one. But I do use Craigslist, and that's where ALL mmy sales have come from this year. But I have done at least 1 trade on Fauna this year, so that's something lol.

Old 11-09-2014, 01:12 AM   #8
Dbz4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
I bought three off this site...
I commend you madame

Old 11-09-2014, 01:13 AM   #9
Randy F
Well I offered the guy a cinnapin female or a pastel and pin female for the $150 and he decided he would prefer my proven breeder pastel enchi het albino male for $150.........hmmm, what to do!

Old 11-09-2014, 01:21 AM   #10
Randy F
I can think just right off hand that I have bought 10 from Robert Walker, 2 from Josh Martin and 1 from Helen Lampenin this year

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!