BOI Threads and Nagative Posts in them - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
scaledverts
Unhappy BOI Threads and Nagative Posts in them

After some discussions with other members, I decided to cross post this thread in the feedback forum along with its original location, HELL (here) so that everyone can see it and post their thoughts and opinions. Feel free to throw out your opinions here for all members to see.

I have a small rant to post about because it has been driving me nuts lately and see it more and more often.

Begin Small Rant....
Is it just me or does it seem like the BOI is having more and more posts that are attacking the thread starter for being inexperienced or gullible? I have seen a number of posts in the last few months that have basically come out and said "you are in this situation because you are a stupid noob." How exactly does this help anything? Sure, sure sometimes the OP needs to be shown the error of their ways so that they can learn not to do it again but this can be done without the overt personal attacks and snide comments, in my opinion.

Keep in mind that I am NOT talking about the threads where the OP turns out to be the bad guy. I am talking about the posts where the OP has a legitimate problem that they are bringing to the communities attention via the BOI. After explaining their situation, they are told "no kidding you are getting screwed over that deal is too good to be true." What exactly does this add to the discussion or aid in reaching a solution? Basically to me these posts read "hahaha sucks to be you, if you knew as much as I do you would have known better."

It just seems like there are more and more negative "personal type" posts on the BOI in general. I know everyone posts negative comments every now and then, I know I have before, but it seems like the proportion of negative comments directed toward the OP's lack of experience is increasing recently. I don't really think comments of this nature add anything productive to the discussion. Furthermore, I think they shown an inherent immaturity in posters that repeatedly do it.
...End Rant

Old 03-09-2011, 08:45 PM   #2
sharpfang
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaledverts View Post
After some discussions with other members, I decided to cross post this thread in the feedback forum along with its original location, HELL (here) so that everyone can see it and post their thoughts and opinions. Feel free to throw out your opinions here for all members to see.

I have a small rant to post about because it has been driving me nuts lately and see it more and more often.

Begin Small Rant....
Is it just me or does it seem like the BOI is having more and more posts that are attacking the thread starter for being inexperienced or gullible? I have seen a number of posts in the last few months that have basically come out and said "you are in this situation because you are a stupid noob." How exactly does this help anything? Sure, sure sometimes the OP needs to be shown the error of their ways so that they can learn not to do it again but this can be done without the overt personal attacks and snide comments, in my opinion.

Keep in mind that I am NOT talking about the threads where the OP turns out to be the bad guy. I am talking about the posts where the OP has a legitimate problem that they are bringing to the communities attention via the BOI. After explaining their situation, they are told "no kidding you are getting screwed over that deal is too good to be true." What exactly does this add to the discussion or aid in reaching a solution? Basically to me these posts read "hahaha sucks to be you, if you knew as much as I do you would have known better."

It just seems like there are more and more negative "personal type" posts on the BOI in general. I know everyone posts negative comments every now and then, I know I have before, but it seems like the proportion of negative comments directed toward the OP's lack of experience is increasing recently. I don't really think comments of this nature add anything productive to the discussion. Furthermore, I think they shown an inherent immaturity in posters that repeatedly do it.
...End Rant
Especially Scaley1, when I post an Ad this morning on Fauna, and in that sales ad - a member can chime in w/ antagonistic aspects, and Do Not buy from comments, even after Mods notified, and it is Admitted that the member: John Apple, has not ever completed a transaction w/ me, and initial choice to Not sell to me, what was agreed, was over a Year & a 1/2 ago.....

I like to give good comments, regularly, like: "Nice Pix - or GL w/ those", etc.
Not - "Do not buy from this guy, So-N-so says:"

All BS heresay gossip & slandering....just cause 5 outta 88 Reviews on another site were "POOR" for me ~ that does Not mean it is FAIR to side-bust my Post for a sale - w/ comments....

Do I follow around all sellers that I dislike, yet Not, due to ever having BOUGHT from person, to testify knowledge of Dealings = nope

And I would not expect any site to ALLOW such slandering - or a REVIEW of a member, that business w/ directly, has not taken place, especially when, on this site itself, he has declared essentially in a thread, Jason's a good guy I'd buy from.

Not 2 mention......when discussion took place, was over a year and a 1/2 ago.......admitted no hard feelin's, yet shows there is 18 months later Classy site logisticic allowence & dynamic

I have never placed a HERESAY review on a member, of ANY forum on Internet - it quite frankly, is Not allowed on any I am aware of.
It's just that = "heresay".

I am Not impressed w/ the Forums chosen "Moderation" of, either - way to let members have-@-it - reminds me of "Critical Bill" {he still around ? LOL} - you know - the "Slap-Chopper"
Even he was more reasonable

Consider your Sources members, when doing Business, and all else - Jason J. Brown

Old 03-09-2011, 09:16 PM   #3
scaledverts
That is not even close to the point of this thread. So congrats on totally sending it off topic already . The idea isn't to call out specific members or even specific posts but to point out that posts such as the ones I described have no place here in my opinion. Furthermore, the point isn't to call out moderators or anyone else for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpfang View Post
I am Not impressed w/ the Forums chosen "Moderation" of, either - way to let members have-@-it - reminds me of "Critical Bill" {he still around ? LOL} - you know - the "Slap-Chopper"
Even he was more reasonable
And this comment has no place in any forum.

Now, to get back to the point of this thread........

Old 03-09-2011, 09:18 PM   #4
hhmoore
Apples and oranges....but this is certainly no surprise. I'm hoping to avoid derailing this thread by addressing your posts and PMs here, so I'm gone for the night. The only part that saddens me is that I'm half expecting you to persist enough to get yourself booted in my absence. I'd almost get a glimmer of enjoyment from clicking that button; but, frankly, I'd much rather see you get a clue and a grip.

ttfn

Old 03-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #5
sharpfang
Thumbs down And there U have it! Agree w/ or be Argued w/

Moderators, expressing LOVE of & w/ their Cyber-Powers

Bunch of keyboard cowards on the Internet

Reviews should stay between parties the Business/Transaction was between, IMO & others.

Reviews should Not be from 3rd parties -or- contain "heresay" either, IMO.

But I guess that was too far from your point Scaled1 - thanx for showing how nice, U are also

"Point is": Why all the Hate, right ? Well there ya go - even the Mods spread it on this site.

Here is a Button too! *click*

Old 03-09-2011, 10:17 PM   #6
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Chuck passed away some time ago. As for the rest of your post I would ask you to read the rules of this forum.

Quote:
Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not.
You have about crossed that line and I will be happy to send you on your way!

Old 03-09-2011, 10:19 PM   #7
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpfang View Post
Moderators, expressing LOVE of & w/ their Cyber-Powers

Bunch of keyboard cowards on the Internet

Reviews should stay between parties the Business/Transaction was between, IMO & others.

Reviews should Not be from 3rd parties -or- contain "heresay" either, IMO.

But I guess that was too far from your point Scaled1 - thanx for showing how nice, U are also

"Point is": Why all the Hate, right ? Well there ya go - even the Mods spread it on this site.

Here is a Button too! *click*
Didn't see this one yet. Take a hike.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:32 PM   #8
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
I am Not impressed w/ the Forums chosen "Moderation" of, either
I'm not real impressed with you as a member either. I guess we are even. When you get back from your suspension, I would suggest you be less antagonistic about your criticism. The staff here will not take the abuse. . If not, you can be done here permanently.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:17 PM   #9
Dennis Hultman
Sorry Kyle, Harald,

Kyle,
You have some good points. The best thing to do is voice your own opinion on the subject in the threads. Maybe others will follow or see your point of view.

Unless a rule is specifically broken in the replies people are going to be free to express their views. If the starter of thread is being targeted unfairly from your point of view and posters aren't violating any rules, the best course of action is for people with opposing points to join the thread and express it.

Deciding who is right and who is wrong isn't the sites job. The members decide that individually. It's also member participation here and people should speak up if they think others are wrong or being shortsighted.

If you and others address it, you might see a change to what happens in posts. I to have seen some of those posts. A lot of people do mimic others.

I noticed a few things as well that seems to be more of a habit from some when someone starts a thread that hasn't been here before. I'll address it as a individual not a moderator when I see it. Hope you do the same. This forum is only going to be what the members make it. So get out there and participate.

Just my individual opinion.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:32 PM   #10
fuzzylogix
i'm going to have to side with kyle on this one. i actually posted a response on one of the boi threads regarding the same thing. new people to the site are going to see posters getting jumped for bringing forth a legitimate boi complaint, and be hesitant to start one themselves if something bad happens. the more people we have here that stand up to the scammers or have the balls to call out someone when it all goes wrong, the better off our hobby will be. by telling someone its their fault for being scammed, all you are doing is detering other people to come forth with their issues. it doesn't matter if the person starting the thread was told he could get $100,000 worth of snakes for 10 bucks. if he pays the seller the 10 bucks and doesn't get what he was promised, the seller is a bad guy. period. we all started somewhere and we were all "noobs". we more than likely all had our moments as well. i thought as reptile lovers our "job" was to spread awareness, educate others, care for our animals, and keep our hobby honest. not look down on people like you know everything there is to know. i can assure you that you don't.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!