Daytona National Reptile Breeders' Expo 2008 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:53 AM   #1
Kingetula
Daytona National Reptile Breeders' Expo 2008

I'm curious to see if the current state of the economy will hurt the show (how many come and if there is less tables than prior years)

Old 07-28-2008, 07:57 PM   #2
CB Reptiles
we'll find out soon!

Old 08-06-2008, 01:39 PM   #3
WebSlave
With the show right around the corner (August 23rd and 24th), here's a video of last year's show to get everyone in the mood to going this year....

BTW, click on the four arrows icon in the lower right hand corner of the video and it will put it in full screen high definition.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:44 PM   #4
Damage, Inc.
From talking to some of the local Florida dealers Daytona is running out of space for dealers. Also table prices are going up for new dealers, but some of the old dealers are able to keep the same pricing. Just what I was told, I don't have any first hand knowledge. I was at the Fire show a couple of weeks ago, and it was very busy from a customer stand point. I do know 3 or 4 dealers that had to cancel. It will be interesting to say the least, maybe there will be some good deals on reptiles to stimulate sales.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:47 PM   #5
The BoidSmith
I finally decided to go again this year. Work related though but wouldn't you know it, I arranged things to make connections through Daytona on that weekend!

Old 08-16-2008, 12:54 PM   #6
WebSlave
Well just to keep things interesting, we all should be keeping our eyes peeled concerning a hurricane brewing below Cuba...

http://www.intellicast.com/Storm/Hur...m=2&type=track

The predicted path is just a best guess, so everyone needs to keep an eye on this........

Here's the latest image as of right now.....
Attached Images

Old 08-16-2008, 01:12 PM   #7
Clay Davenport
I was there for Charlie in 2004, admittedly mild by hurricane veteran standards, but exciting for a mountain boy like me.
While I don't wish any damage for anyone, I have to say it was pretty cool running through the hurricane half drunk after the lectures, looking to the left and watching road signs pass you by mid air.
I'll be there this year too, the first trip since 2005.

Old 08-16-2008, 01:19 PM   #8
TheFragginDragon
Y'all be safe down there!

Old 08-16-2008, 01:25 PM   #9
WebSlave
Yeah, we were there for Charlie as well. Up on the twelfth floor of the hotel feeling the building moving from the force of merely a category 1 hurricane. Thinking the entire time "this building was probably built by the lowest bidder"..... The worst part of that weekend was when we went out for dinner and had to drive pretty far inland to find a restaurant that had power. On the way back, after dark, I realized that ALL of the stoplights were out as well as the street lights, so each intersection was a potential accident. Definitely took a while for my white knuckles to fade from gripping the steering wheel so hard..

Unless this thing swings further to the east and slows down, it will simply inconvenience some folks getting to the show for setup.

Speaking of which, in case some people exhibiting at the show did not get Wayne Hill's email recently.....

Quote:

----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2008 4:37 PM
Subject: New load in times for Expo

Expo Exhibitors:

I have just returned from a trip to Daytona Beach’s Ocean Center in final preparation for the Expo. The contractor who is expanding the Ocean Center excavated the area in front of the east roll up door, which was the loading zone for many vendors in the past. This leaves us with only the north loading zone. Out of my concern for efficiency and animal safety, I have done the following:
  1. Prepared for Expo staff to set-up and number vendor tables on Wednesday, Aug. 20th;
  2. Extended load-in times for all exhibitors to include Thursday, Aug. 21st from noon until 5:00 pm, as well as our usual load-in time on Friday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm;
  3. Instructed staff to keep the north loading zone clear for vendor vehicles that are loading-in. Expo and Ocean Center staff will park their vehicles elsewhere;
  4. Formulated a staging strategy for vendor load-in. The vendor staging area will be facing east on the south side of the road between the water park and the Ocean Center. Staff will be available to assist with staging. As vendors load-in and vacate the load-in zone, staff will direct the next car in from the staging area. Ten vehicles will be loading-in at a time.
  5. Provided for the same security on Thursday night as you have been accustomed to having on Friday and Saturday nights during the Expo.

I urge all exhibitors who are able to load-in on Thursday between noon and 5:00 pm.

Everyone is invited to attend the Early Registration Party sponsored by The Gourmet Rodent and Timberline at the Hilton at 7:00 pm on Thursday where vendor badges will be available.

I am looking forward to seeing you soon in Daytona Beach and am wishing you a safe trip.

Wayne Hill

Old 08-22-2008, 07:30 AM   #10
Kingetula
I'm still going unless the show is canceled?
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!