How 'bout people who can't spell SHED!?! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 12-04-2003, 03:53 PM   #11
elrojo
Talking Wala!

I haven't seen that one! Too funny.
I'm with Clay on the part about the obnoxious abbreviations. It's even worse when it's: "Y wud U want 2 kool yr snakes B4 breading?" ...only they don't usually give us the courtesy of a question mark, which makes deciphering the essence of their communication even more difficult.
It gets harder than trying to read the track list of a freakin' Prince album! Or do I call him "symbol" now?:alien:

Old 12-04-2003, 06:24 PM   #12
Neil Gubitz
oh please!.... don't even get me started on punctuation marks.... or, more to the point.... the TOTAL LACK OF THEM!!.... You never know where one sentence ends and another begins....

my favorite example is this....

Bob, says Charlie, sucks!!

Bob says Charlie sucks!!

What a simple comma can do....

Neil

Old 12-04-2003, 09:18 PM   #13
W.Wedeking
The thing that really gets to me the most, even in "informal" correspondence is when some one writes to me in all caps.

If you are gonna communitcate through email/private message/whatever you need to use proper etiquette. All caps is the equivalent of YELLING! There are only 2 people in the whole world who are allowed to yell at me:
my mother and my Husband.

Others do so at their own risk

Old 12-04-2003, 10:04 PM   #14
Neil Gubitz
Wendy.... I agree.... although.... when *I* use all caps, it's for emphasis ONLY!.... As I'm sure you can PLAINLY see??

I guess it's better than e.e. cummings??.... He only wrote in lower case and NEVER in caps....

Neil

Old 12-04-2003, 10:57 PM   #15
elrojo
Post all caps

yep, it doesn't bother me to have someone write ONE word or sentence part that way, it adds emphasis, but a whole letter is obnoxious. We had a guy on the cornsnake forums who wrote with "caps lock" on all the time. hIS SENTENCES READ LIKE THIS: i AM LOOKING FOR AN aMELANISTIC mOTLEY fEMALE. dOES rICH, OR kAT, OR dARIN HAVE ANY aDULTS?" And one guy actually took the time to write EvErY OtHeR lEtTeR iN AlL CaPiToL lEtTeRs, which it was a chore for me to do just for that ExAmPlE...

funny how that looks like exam-pie...

Old 12-04-2003, 11:02 PM   #16
elrojo
Exclamation Here's an example

This is an actual post. I'm sure the kid means well. I would love to point him in the right direction, or at least suggest some things to avoid. But...

"hi every1
i am getting a new exotic pet, and want to know your opinions on what do get. i have 1 corn at the moment....hese r wot i wud consider....
MAYBE some kind of culabrid
defo sum kind of boid
maybe an invertabrate
an arachnid
a lizzard"

Old 12-04-2003, 11:40 PM   #17
W.Wedeking
My first impression:

a 12 year old kid

which is fine, if you are a 12 year old kid.

and Yep, that EvErY oThEr LeTtEr thing is annoying

As for typing in all lower case, at least is isn't yelling. You may not pass and english exam but it isn't bad etiquette.

Now, did I hear something about pie?

Old 12-04-2003, 11:43 PM   #18
W.Wedeking
I made a typo!

Quote:
You may not pass and english exam
That should have been "an".....guess I have been staring at the screen too long today.

Old 12-04-2003, 11:45 PM   #19
elrojo
Darn, Wendy!

I had been waiting for an excuse to use the new "lick" emoticon! I can't believe I passed up my own typing of pie, and had someone else beat me to the punch! Good job! Now if only I can dream up a use for the "swallowing spectator!"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!