NEWTS! Available only at NARBC Tinley Park, IL October 9-10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Amphibians

Notices

Old 09-24-2021, 02:27 PM   #1
axolotl_jake
NEWTS! Available only at NARBC Tinley Park, IL October 9-10

WARNING: Obnoxiously long ad. If it offends you, turn back now and scroll through frog ads. Personally I find it much less obnoxious to post one, thorough ad rather than 20 separate ads that clog up the whole amphibian classifieds page. I do not wish to be contacted with questions that are already answered in the post. Read and comprehend.

FALL IS NEWT BUYING SEASON if you are reading this in June, they're gone.

The time has finally come for NARBC to return to sunny Tinley Park, Illinois!
I've been raising and holding back a wide variety of captive bred salamanders just for this event. The following will be at the Chicago Reptile House booth and are all FIRST COME,FIRST SERVED, NO EXCEPTIONS. Absolutely no shipping or reserving animals, ever! I start selling as soon as I get to the table Saturday morning. This is the only way to make it fair for everyone including you, the animals and me. Have you ever seen an ad for an animal that you really wanted and contacted the seller to stake your claim only to find out someone beat you to it because they don't have adult responsibilities and you do? Me too, and it sucks every time! By making it first come, first served everyone has an equal opportunity, no matter who they think they are or who they know. By "first come, first served" I mean the first to literally buy the animals gets them. The show is over two weeks away. That gives you plenty of time to stop, think and evaluate what you want to do rather than make a spur of the moment decision and impulsively buy something online and regret it before it even arrives. It also gives you time to prepare yourself to run and be at the table first. What's that? Oh you think you're going to find me in the parking lot before they open the doors Saturday morning? Parking lot sales are prohibited and you won't even recognize me in my clever disguise. In the past I have regularly sold out of some species before the show opens to the public, just so you are aware. VIP passes to get in early are available online and at the door.

If for some reason you can't make it to the show or don't want to go but you're looking for newts I may be able to point you in the right direction. I know a bunch of people who raise newts who probably won't rip you off and may be willing to ship. In other words, it doesn't matter if you buy newts from me, together everyone achieves more.

If you're looking for wholesale prices lower than you see listed ask me in 2022. After NARBC the refrigerated leftovers will be going to Show Me Reptile and Exotics show in Janesville, WI October 31, then SEWERfest in Sturtevant, WI November 14, followed by Show Me Reptile and Exotics show in Davenport, IA December 12 and back in Janesville January 16, 2022. Availability tapers off the farther we get from fall.

These are all juveniles from this past breeding season. All being kept fully aquatic, but given a small floating piece of cork bark to rest on unless otherwise noted. I feed mostly frozen bloodworms. The number in parentheses () next to the scientific name denotes the minimum quantity of each species I'll bring, no number indicates a quantity less than ten (10) but at least one (1).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(80) Triturus carnifex -normal possible het flavistic $25........5 for $100

(20) Triturus carnifex- flavistic $50 (adult male pictured)
FYI: it has been written that crossing flavistic x flavistic will result in inferior offspring but flavistic x het flavistic produces stronger offspring. I haven't tested this myself but figured I would mention it. Also, they are NOT white, more of a cream/tan color but still impressive when fully grown.

(25) Triturus marmoratus $30

(15) Triturus pygmaeus $50 (some raised aquatic, some raised terrestrial)

(20) Triturus dobrogicus $20 -some clearly males with crests developing

Triturus karelinii $25

Triturus macedonicus $50

(160) Ommatotriton ophryticus $50.......10 for $400......15 for $550 (some raised fully aquatic, some raised terrestrial, your choice) Adult male pictured: truly the peacocks of the newt world. Picture of juveniles in the comments because I already know some of you will expect to see impressive mature males in full breeding condition, lower those expectations a bit! *edit: maximum limit 15 per person*

(12) Cynops ensicauda popei $60 (adult pictured)

Hypselotriton cyanurus $20

Hypselotriton orientalis $20

(12) Laotriton laoensis $50 (pictured in comments)

Paramesotriton chinensis $50 (terrestrial)

Ichthyosaura alpestris apuanus $15

(15) Lissotriton vulgaris $15..........5 for $50 (my favorite species of newt)

(35) Neurergus crocatus (Aqrah, Iraq) $40........6 for $200 (variable coloration, adults pictured in this post and comments)

Axolots

Don't like my firm and fair axolotl price? Shop around and get them somewhere else for less. Seriously, just go away!

(30) Assorted copper and axanthic copper 5-6" $25 each

(12) Leucistic 6-8" $25 each

(6) White albino ~6" $25 each

(8) Gold albino ~6" $25 each
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 09-24-2021, 02:32 PM   #2
axolotl_jake
Pictured:
1) L.laoensis
2) C.e.popei
3) Adult N.crocatus
4) T.carnifex
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 09-24-2021, 05:16 PM   #3
JaimeLannister
Outstanding

Old 09-24-2021, 07:30 PM   #4
a60568188@outlook.com
Awesome! I especially love your Neurergus crocatus! Hope you could consider shipping in the future<
Btw, how do you raise the laoensis? I used to have two pairs that led more than 300 eggs, but most of them dead quickly due to Saprolegnia and the remained ones refuse to eat once they landed.

Old 09-24-2021, 08:38 PM   #5
tcp2
It's worth getting on a plane to Illinois for these. Unfortunately we have a show in Hiilsboro, Oregon the same weekend that I have a booth at.

Old 09-24-2021, 10:08 PM   #6
axolotl_jake
Quote:
Originally Posted by a60568188@outlook.com View Post
Awesome! I especially love your Neurergus crocatus! Hope you could consider shipping in the future<
Btw, how do you raise the laoensis? I used to have two pairs that led more than 300 eggs, but most of them dead quickly due to Saprolegnia and the remained ones refuse to eat once they landed.
The crocatus are adults, the juveniles rarely have a good amount of white on their sides until about two years old when they gain more white and it seems like either more yellow spots or the ones they have get bigger. I have shipped many newts in the past and it's just not worth the headache.

I suck at raising any type of the warty newts in large numbers so I'm probably the worst person to ask, only bringing 12 laoensis. I had a similar experience with them, many infertile eggs but the juveniles I kept fully aquatic have been doing good and growing so moving forward I'll just keep them like that.
  Contact User Check User
Old 09-24-2021, 10:14 PM   #7
axolotl_jake
I forgot to post pictures of the juvenile Ommatotriton, here they are, as promised. No big impressive crests to be seen!
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 09-30-2021, 09:26 PM   #8
mavortium
Do you ship? I trade you 2 ball pythons.

Old 10-02-2021, 11:20 PM   #9
axolotl_jake
I should mention, I'm only bringing ~20-30 aquatic Ommatotriton ophryticus. The rest are terrestrial housed in tupperware containers with good ventillation on Reptisoil that is damp on one side and dry on the other. They've been eating (Repashy calcium plus dusted) pinhead to 1/8" crickets, white worms mixed in thawed bloodworms, wingless fruit flies and dwarf white isopods. Here is a video from July of the aquatic juveniles, they have about doubled in size since then.

The only trades I will accept are for healthy Triturus cristatus, Lissotriton montandoni, L.boscai or a female Pachytriton brevipes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-wtkCnVsoY
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-08-2021, 03:53 PM   #10
Caudata1
How is this fair to us weekend workers . Oh well i guess i could hire someone to go for me….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!