In your dreams - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

View Poll Results: What do you dream about?
Ordinary things, I dream about taking out the trash 0 0%
I have issues at work: I dream about my boss and co-workers 3 6.67%
I count sheep in my dreams 0 0%
I **** sheep in my dreams 1 2.22%
I dream about going bass fishing 1 2.22%
I make beautiful and sensitive love to my beloved 5 11.11%
Too depraved and debauched to mention here, email if you want details 25 55.56%
I dream about Lucille lol 10 22.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2004, 12:02 AM   #11
bcfos
Quote:
Originally posted by Sybella
That's sad...I don't remember my dreams very often and try not to dream either, as usually they're nightmare-ish. But, since there has only been a few horrible ones that I couldn't control, I've had some fun playing with them. Have you tried manipulating your dream during the dream itself? It can be fun.

No, can't say I have tried to manipulate them at all. It is best to not remember...

Old 10-22-2004, 07:10 AM   #12
TooManyBurmese
It's funny that this poll showed up. In the past few months I have been waking up screaming so hard my throat is sore for the next day or two. I have never had nightmares like this in the past and there really isn't anything spectacular going on in my life right now. And they're never about a real threat. One was a monster with the head of a dog grooming brush grabbing my feet, another was a My Little Pony trying to drag me off my bed...

Come to think of it, there is NOTHING going on right now

Old 10-22-2004, 10:10 AM   #13
RedQuake
Sybella, i don't think i've actually manipulated my dreams but i have been aware that i'm dreaming. Its called lucid dreaming, being conscious while in the subconscious. When i would have non stop nightmares as a child i wouldn't wake up right away, i'd just be screaming while asleep. My mom would talk me out of the nightmare so i guess in some way i must have manipulated it so that whatever was terrifying me was no longer a threat but i don't remember that. What i've done latey is to say to myself that i will remember my dreams before i fall asleep. And its worked. I can remember more of my dreams and am more aware that i'm dreaming when its happening. Typically when one becomes aware that they are dreaming they wake up but i've recently read studies describing techniques to remain asleep. I haven't had enough practice at them to actualy have good results like remaining aware and asleep for long periods of time. I'm looking for studies focused on whether or not having lucid dreams contributes to fatigue at all. Good rest equals good fuction during the day so finding out if being conscious while dreaming would affect that would be interesting.

Old 10-23-2004, 11:51 AM   #14
sirenofthestorm
Actually, I never used to remember my dreams, but in the past few weeks I'm remembering them when I wake up. I'm having some weird ones about my family being in town, whatever that means. But I've always been a strange sleeper, I've held entire conversations in my sleep with whomever is trying to wake me up.

Old 10-23-2004, 12:00 PM   #15
RedQuake
sirenofthestorm: Do you ever remember those conversations you have while your in your sleep?

When i was having those nightmares as a child my mom would tell me about it in the morning, first that i had the dream, then what i said while she was talking me out of it, but i could never remember that i had talked to her.

I had a cool dream last night and was aware that i was dreaming but i got startled awake and it quicky faded away. Hopefully i'll remember more of it as the day goes by.

Red

Old 10-23-2004, 10:51 PM   #16
sirenofthestorm
Lianne, nope I don't remember anything at all. One time in particular, I answered questions about my chores for the day, carried on a 10 minute conversation and slept right thru it lol.

Old 10-23-2004, 11:14 PM   #17
RedQuake
Ya know, I think thats my greatest fear LOL, talking away while i'm sleep......theres no telling what i might say hehehe.

I know i've done it a few times where i've been slightly aware of talking to someone about something after i've waken up but unless the person actually tells me what i said i've usually got no clue. It usually happens to when i ask someone to wake me up early and they just shout through my door, waking me enough to know someone was there but having no clue what they said.

Now that my room is downstairs i dont' have to worry about anyone hearing anything i might say while asleep.

I think its kinda cool the whole dream thing but for quite a while i was having very upsetting ones that i prefered not to remember.

Thanks for getting back to me

Take care

Old 10-24-2004, 10:08 AM   #18
sirenofthestorm
Lianne, Oh me too!!!!! lol if its ever happened on days where I wake up on time, no one tells me lol. Its only when I try and wake up before I'm used to getting up. I maintain that I was not meant to wake up before the sun rises, and I think anyone that's lived with me will agree lol.

Old 10-24-2004, 10:54 AM   #19
RedQuake
Whitney, i think i'm the opposite, i enjoy being awake before the sun rises......then again the problem i face is actually getting to bed BEFORE the sun rises LOL. I've been stuck on the sleep through the day be up all night thing. Last night, actually 3:34 am this morning i was still awake sort of day dreaming about all of the things i'd like to do. I wonder whether or not what we day dream contributes to what we actually dream at night. I think it depends on how much stress it causes. For example, i can think of someone almost obsessively but i won't dream about them. There have been times however, when theres been some very upsetting events or a problem i have that does repeat itself in my dreams.

I wonder if its actually true that the subconscious holds answers to problems.....

Oh i thought about this just after i woke up, have you ever answered the phone while asleep, talked with the person, taken a message, hung up and have no clue it happened? I have hehe.
Its weird cause i've slept through our neighbours house being on fire with all the sirens going on the emergency vehicles, but when my grandmother *muttered* help one night after falling i was awake in an instint. Oh and if our fire alarms go off it wakes me up fast too

Old 01-26-2005, 07:23 AM   #20
Lucille
All this server stuff must be getting on my nerves, last night I dreamed about the BOI. It was scary.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!