Your LOVE life and your Reptiles.... Poll!!! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

View Poll Results: To love or not to love?
Does your significant other dislikes and does not tolerate your reptiles? 2 2.00%
Do you think at some point your significant other will make you choose between him/her and your reptiles? 6 6.00%
Does your significant other tolerate them, but care less about them? 39 39.00%
Does your significant other enjoy your reptiles? 12 12.00%
Does your Significant other likes your reptiles and helps you with feeding and cleaning? 10 10.00%
Or is your significant other is a reptile freak just like you? 31 31.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2006, 11:21 PM   #31
chondroqueen
Im a girl, and I havent had a hard time finding a date with all my reptiles....(25 and counting). In the past I dated one guy that was as much as a freak about snakes as I am, and we are still friends and talk (he's in iraq right now). Two guys I dated I actually got involved in the hobby, one is somewhere attending zoo school and breeding balls somewhere. The other really liked the iguanas I had at the time and let them roam his house. Unfortunately, the greek god I am dating now has one drawback....he doesnt like reptiles. No matter how many gecko eggs I show him and how hard I get him to hold the oh so cute baby hognoses he just wont give. He swears he isnt scared of them but I dunno! He told me that if we move in together we will have to have my reptiles in another house....thats great by me, I will just live out in the "reptile house".....and have the eyelash vipers and the caiman I always wanted!

Old 02-27-2006, 01:34 AM   #32
DeadIrishD
You know, my ex girlfriend still complains about the $$ I spend on reptiles, and how many I have (3 geckos 1 crested 1 aft and 1 leo) even though 1. she does not live here 2. it's not her money, and 3. her and I will never have anything serious between us last for more than a few days.

and shes always complaining about everything that has to do with me, what makes matters really worse is that her and I have been on and off for the longest time so being with out her is hard as heck, but it's still something that I have to do for me

Old 03-19-2006, 03:14 AM   #33
hoi-herps
i got in to animals as a kid my mom worked for the state of illinois over the animal welfare shelters..i spent a lot of time vollentering my time at a few no kill shelters as well as regulars....and worked with volenteer rescue groups.
see in the day no one wanted to addopt reptiles and the shelters really had no calling for them so in stead of putting them down i took them home....when i met my wife she was teriffied of reptiles...now we have leos snakes turtles and beardys....lol

Old 03-19-2006, 03:34 AM   #34
hoi-herps
oh and by the way in my opinion there nothing sexier then a women wearing nothing but a 5 foot python....

Old 03-19-2006, 04:35 AM   #35
markface
when my ex and i got serious i made the horrible mistake of getting rid of my reptiles for her . it wasnt that she was afraid of them i think it was more that she felt the money spent on them should be spent on her . well the ex has been gone for almost 8 years and i honestly didnt realize how much i missed my critters till about 5 months ago when i sort of unwillingly took in a bp rescue . well since then i am bitten again by the herp bug and plan to get more as funds permit . any woman that decides she wants to be with me now had better be willing to atleast tolerate my critters cause they aint going away again .

Old 03-19-2006, 05:18 AM   #36
hoi-herps
my wife gets like that when i buy a new leo...lol so i just buy her a new dragon with it....shes happy...lol

Old 03-19-2006, 08:07 AM   #37
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoi-herps
oh and by the way in my opinion there nothing sexier then a women wearing nothing but a 5 foot python....
Unless She is wearing an 8 ft. Boa.......

Old 03-20-2006, 11:54 PM   #38
hoi-herps
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus
Unless She is wearing an 8 ft. Boa.......
good point....

Old 04-16-2006, 01:35 AM   #39
viper69
I personally don't care if she likes them or not. I had a woman that tolerated them that was fine..But basically I'm not giving up ANY of my pets period. It's a lifelong committment, their lives that is..You wouldn't ask me to give up my parents would you? I have a tarantula that could live another 20yrs..If some woman doesn't want me to have another pet, she can kiss my a** and keep walking.

Old 04-17-2006, 04:48 PM   #40
hoi-herps
amen my wife was scared to death of snakes but guess what i came home the other day and she had one out...lol she babys my girls more then i do now so if she can give it a chance any one could

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!