Competence and sex - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

View Poll Results: Do you think competence in men and women is sexy? (More than 1 answer OK)
Keep them barefoot and pregnant 4 6.56%
The ideal woman should be a kitten: soft, weak and playful 3 4.92%
The ideal woman is a tigress: strong, fierce, awesome 22 36.07%
Competence and sex are totally unrelated; witness famous politicians 10 16.39%
I do not care about personality, I take what I want regardless 3 4.92%
Powerful, aggressive men are VERY sexy 13 21.31%
Competence and competition can be different; be the best you can be 14 22.95%
Men have always been helpless, women let them think that they are otherwise 9 14.75%
I love and admire competent women 16 26.23%
It is sexy when either gender excels; it indicates self respect and ability 39 63.93%
A total lack of competence in anything is a negative trait 17 27.87%
Duh, could you like, repeat the question? 3 4.92%
I would never have sex with a useless wimp of either gender 21 34.43%
I wandered into this poll by accident, which way to the exit? 5 8.20%
Other, describe below 3 4.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2005, 07:13 PM   #21
RedQuake
Quote:
Originally Posted by handsomeRob
well im the exact opposite. i like to have sex (at least once a year, which seems to be the rate for me) also, as far as the competence and sex thing goes, i figure if i know where to stick it then im good to go.

Oh having sex isn't exactly an issue for me, i've got a ummmmmmm well, bed friend. can pretty much have sex anytime i or he wants. Its finding someone who will offer me a bit more than that.........thats near impossible LOL

I also got a good laugh from the above.......of course right now, blaring migraine pounding away it only made things hurt more........who says laughter is the best medicine........they lied! Anyways, yes!!! being able to know where to stick Mr. Happy is VERY important........so is knowing how to kiss. I was once with a guy i nicknamed Octopus Man because he literally sucked my face LMAO. I think thats why i like older men......they have had enough experience to know stuff lol........answers my question (from this thread or another i don't recall...) about why guys have to sew their oats. Its practice LOL. I do think that i'm alot luckier than most men out there. Its gotta be easier for me to find a guy into reptiles (or at least not freaked out by them) then it is for a guy to find a gal into them.

Old 07-27-2005, 07:33 PM   #22
old guy
Just the other day I was having a

conversation with a somewhat chauvinist pig ( and I'm a male by the way ) on his thinking and beliefs that time have not changed in the sex benders of where females needs to be taking care of and or still rides the coat tails of men. HA ! I reminded him that it may of NEVER ever of been that way and if it was it just might of been a male suppressed syndrome down through the ages. I think that some of my acquaintances has a problem with my wife and I reverse roll of life where i am a stay at home husband that has raised our children in their later teen years and now am somewhat raising our grandchild. Since there is a semi-age difference between us, I cannot find a decent paying job compared to her and her skills. So in other words, she brings home the bacon and i do the domestic stuff in which she is PERFECTLY happy with ! I also have referred several people to use this machine that I am posting on for the main reason we have them. Research the fact that in very many relationships these days of the opposite sex kind, it is common more than ever that I am not alone. What do ya think........

Old 07-27-2005, 07:35 PM   #23
old guy
I meant...

male suppressing female syndrome.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guy
conversation with a somewhat chauvinist pig ( and I'm a male by the way ) on his thinking and beliefs that time have not changed in the sex benders of where females needs to be taking care of and or still rides the coat tails of men. HA ! I reminded him that it may of NEVER ever of been that way and if it was it just might of been a male suppressed syndrome down through the ages. I think that some of my acquaintances has a problem with my wife and I reverse roll of life where i am a stay at home husband that has raised our children in their later teen years and now am somewhat raising our grandchild. Since there is a semi-age difference between us, I cannot find a decent paying job compared to her and her skills. So in other words, she brings home the bacon and i do the domestic stuff in which she is PERFECTLY happy with ! I also have referred several people to use this machine that I am posting on for the main reason we have them. Research the fact that in very many relationships these days of the opposite sex kind, it is common more than ever that I am not alone. What do ya think........

Old 07-27-2005, 09:25 PM   #24
handsomeRob
Question

ummmmm.....im sorry. what was the question?

Old 07-28-2005, 07:29 AM   #25
RedQuake
things might change but they always remain the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guy
conversation with a somewhat chauvinist pig ( and I'm a male by the way ) on his thinking and beliefs that time have not changed in the sex benders of where females needs to be taking care of and or still rides the coat tails of men. HA ! I also have referred several people to use this machine that I am posting on for the main reason we have them. Research the fact that in very many relationships these days of the opposite sex kind, it is common more than ever that I am not alone. What do ya think........
Old guy: the man you were speaking with is correct, in many parts of the world woman still "ride the coat tails of men" and times have not changed. Here, however, womans lib opened the doors for me and other woman to be more independent and be seen as equals....although not always. I do see supressed woman here though. An minor accident i stopped at for example. I'm assuming they were east indian (turbans). Only the men spoke to me and they would not accept any help from me, a woman.....woman are still seen as inferior. You are correct in that many pple have switched the preconceived gender roles, men are staying home while woman work. Nothing wrong with that. My personal feeling is that i like having a job, an income of my own. Separation/divorse is so common now and after my split it was up to me to take care of the bills......so having my own income kept me from going under. Thats not to say i wouldn't love to stay at home & raise the kids but i honestly dont' think its possible for everyone to do that.

Old 07-28-2005, 06:34 PM   #26
handsomeRob
Red, i dont have any kids but youre than welcome to come over and take care of the little guy, lol.

Old 07-28-2005, 07:09 PM   #27
RedQuake
Quote:
Originally Posted by handsomeRob
Red, i dont have any kids but youre than welcome to come over and take care of the little guy, lol.

Now see, i have a few offers for just that........and as much as i love taking care of *the little guy* i'm looking for a solid long term relationship, moreso than just sex. It seems men like me enough to sleep with me but not enough to love me.........*pout* lol. Oh well.

Old 07-28-2005, 07:39 PM   #28
kiote9
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedQuake
Now see, i have a few offers for just that........and as much as i love taking care of *the little guy* i'm looking for a solid long term relationship, moreso than just sex. It seems men like me enough to sleep with me but not enough to love me.........*pout* lol. Oh well.
I understand the sex offers all too well. It might just be that being female and somewhat attractive make a bigger difference than I thought, but I could get laid anywhere anytime. It is difficult to get worked up over someone who just wants to hit it and go, though.

The love thing has been almost as troublesome, to be honest. I have had "friends" who told me they couldn't sleep with me because they loved me and weren't free to be in a relationship with me. This was when I was not looking for anything but sex. Others try to protect me from myself out of love.

All I want is a damn good friend who cares but knows when to go home. That and really really great sex!

Old 07-28-2005, 07:56 PM   #29
RedQuake
i had exactly that.......well kinda LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiote9
All I want is a damn good friend who cares but knows when to go home. That and really really great sex!
When i say kinda i mean.......well the sex was alright.... we were bed friends and at first thats all i wanted......the thing is he'd act as if we were a couple being all nice and loving UNTIL he got what he wanted.......then he was rather cold. One thing he said really pissed me off....that he didn't want to date me cause he didn't want to settle for 2nd best! What a pain that was. At that point i started to feel like if all i'm good for is sex......well then......actually......i got depressed.....badly and hit bottom... I can dole out the sex easlily. I was *used* as a toy when i was very young. That pretty much screws up a gal for life! Sex is easy and if i want a guys attention i know that the boss is in his pants. Talk to the man downstairs and you'll get the attention, be it for a short time, of the guy upstairs LOL. What upsets me about this way of thinking is that i know i'm more than that. I can provide all the things of a relationship plus the sex. I want to be more than the sex toy. A wife, mother, partner, and lover.

Old 07-28-2005, 09:07 PM   #30
kiote9
Oh Lianne, the things you can learn to make life better....

Be yourself above all. Don't compromise for fear of losing. You CAN call the shots and you'll get more respect and better results.

I can do the doormat thing with the best of them, till I get to the point where I have to come first or die. The depression isn't worth it. We are all better than that.

Would you respect a person who did everything you said? Someone who gives up what they want because you don't want it? Or do you want a person to have their own opinion? Someone you can argue with then agree to disagree and move on.

If someone says you are good enough to screw but not to date, they have issues. That thing about being loving till the loving is over....well, I've heard it is common. Something about men want to go to sleep afterward and women want to cuddle and talk. Personally, I want to go to sleep afterward and my last bf wanted to communicate.

He was one who had the upper hand in our relationship.....until I decided that if I was going to be miserable with or without him that I would be better off without. He was much nicer once it hit home that I was serious. I miss him sometimes. We are still friends, but it isn't the same.

Next time, if there ever is a next time, I will be myself all the time.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!