Boggles the Mind!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-03-2004, 08:39 PM   #1
Blazin
Boggles the Mind!!!

I just can't get over this guy! He is so unusual . He is close to being a hybino. His colors are Orange,Neon Yellow,Purple(two different shades) and his head is a lime/yellowish green color. He has to be one of my favorites of all time. I have never seen a Rainwater like him. This has presented one problem however. I have handled this guy so much that he is EXTREMELY tame. In the past I have seen males that ended up being poor breeders because of this. But regardless this guy is one of my favs. I would like to ask you fellow enthusiasts to help me with a name worthy of him. Thanks in advance.

Old 11-03-2004, 09:21 PM   #2
Jeremy Letkey
Chad, that is one good looking gecko. Hopefully he hasn't been tamed too much. I like ION .
Is this fella the brother to the ones you sent me pics of ?

Old 11-03-2004, 09:28 PM   #3
MattP
Chad,

He looks great! I like the name Ion too. I have a girl that has a similar pattern to that guy (but she's a tremper).............. This is Nemesis.

Matt
Attached Images

Old 11-03-2004, 09:51 PM   #4
progeckos
He’s nice Chad! He has a lot of different shades of color. Having a tame gecko can be a good thing too. I thought of those missile popsicles when I first saw him. So how about missile as a name?

Old 11-03-2004, 10:16 PM   #5
LadyGecko
WOW- those are some simply breath taking colors!!
He reminds me of the orange sherbet and vanilla ice cream bars- Dream something or other.......
Matt- Nemesis is gorgeous too!!

Sandy

Old 11-03-2004, 11:02 PM   #6
Blazin
Yep

Jeremey Yeah he's the brother of those guys. I have actually pulled the ads for those. They are starting off exactly the way he did and are probably going to be very similiar to him. Ion does sound good.

Old 11-03-2004, 11:09 PM   #7
SFgeckos
hey chad

most of the "high yellow" albinos i produced the last few yrs have similar body coloration- the shades of yellow/orange/lavender/purple are hard to capture with a digital camera...u have to see them in person to appreciate...awesome pic by the way

should also mention most of the nicest rainwaters ive produced are males (higher incubation temps), i should have some nice orange ones next yr

the "lime green" head coloration u are referring isnt that uncommon, i cant really explain it, but my guess is that basically their head/brain (or something structurally) is showing through the skin??

Old 11-03-2004, 11:15 PM   #8
SFgeckos
heres some old pics

some old pics...i gave up taking pics of my albinos, ive never been able to capture their true coloration?

best "high yellow" albino from 2002

http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/index...26832&user=431

a "high yellow" juvi from 2003...pic was taken when it was about 3 months old? u can see the lime green colors on the head...honestly i forgot who i sold that one to...but i sold it way too cheap LOL

http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/index...91782&user=431

interesting enough, my "high yellow" line develops orange spots randomly as they age (around 5-6 months), usually the orange pops up around the border where the yellow meets the lavender/purple?

any comments would be appreicated...

Old 11-03-2004, 11:27 PM   #9
Blazin
AH !

hey Jon,
Actually he is not at all "high yellow" he is orange. The color is hard to capture but that pic is a good representation of it. Its not like the Orange in my Nitro line but it is definetely orange. As for high incubation temp that was NOT the case. This guy hatched out at 85 degrees. That high temp crap is just that CRAP , and I don't use it. He got his color from his father. The male I used was a Double het rainwater and Bell that had good orange coloration to him. The same Sire produced 4 other males that have very similiar coloration. I want to see Sarah's male and see if its turning out like these. Guess this season I'll have to drop down to 80 and be sure of some females from this same pairing.

Old 11-04-2004, 02:00 AM   #10
geckokreeper
Thumbs up

That is a Blazin leo you got there so how about Blaze. I like the fading spots as well. I have a leo that look similar with those diminishing spots. Ion is also a good name. Keep us updated as it progressess.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!