World's First! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-27-2015, 02:01 AM   #31
Dbz4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixatRI View Post
That's one powerful combo....
Thank you! I can only imagine the combos I can potentially create with this guy!

Old 08-10-2015, 05:34 PM   #32
palma6427
I have a dumb question, how do you know if something is ''the first'' of its kind? and where can i go find info on how to tell morphs apart? such as what makes a spider a spider or a axanthic n axanthic

Old 08-10-2015, 06:12 PM   #33
snowgyre
We generally use World of Ball Pythons (http://worldofballpythons.com/) to see if something has been produced already. In many cases the morph or combination has already been produced by big breeders, but it's not publicly known, so we just say it's the first time it's been produced for simplicity's sake. You can visit that website for neat genetics calculators too, as well as see photos of hundreds of morphs and morph combinations to see what you would like to invest in.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:19 PM   #34
Dbz4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by palma6427 View Post
I have a dumb question, how do you know if something is ''the first'' of its kind? and where can i go find info on how to tell morphs apart? such as what makes a spider a spider or a axanthic n axanthic
There is this nifty little website called worldofballpythons.com
It's a website that documents all morphs that have been created, who created them, and when they were created.

And if you claim it first, then you made it first, for the most part. This website will let you look at all the morphs that have been created, and tell you what genes were involved to create the morph. And it will tell you whether the gene is a Dominant trait, Co-Dominant trait, or Recessive trait.

As for what makes an axanthic an axanthic, I can tell you, but I would just try and google what basic genetics terms mean, like axanthic, albino, leucisism, and hypomelanistic mean.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:20 PM   #35
Dbz4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbz4246 View Post
leucisism
I probably spelled this wrong
I used the spell check but nothing came up.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:27 PM   #36
palma6427
yeah ive looked at world of ball pythons, and i know a little bit of the punnett square but i guess my question was since there are so many that look a like how would you know yours is new, but i guess you would find out by putting in your male/female in the wizard and bam if you dont see yours its a new morph?

Old 08-11-2015, 12:29 PM   #37
palma6427
and ill look in to that thanks jessie, and it is leucism. and i bought my tickets to NARBC by the way lol thanks for the heads up on that

Old 08-11-2015, 02:00 PM   #38
Dbz4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by palma6427 View Post
i bought my tickets to NARBC by the way lol thanks for the heads up on that
No problem! I'll see you there then!

Old 08-13-2015, 04:36 PM   #39
nathan8194
Way to go man! Absolutely gorgeous!

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Old 08-13-2015, 07:22 PM   #40
Dbz4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan8194 View Post
Way to go man! Absolutely gorgeous!

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
Thanks Nathan!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!