Leo Questions - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-11-2006, 12:04 PM   #1
ball pythonz
Leo Questions

I need a few questions cleared up for me:
Can I keep a few leapord geckos in a 30 gallon breeder tank?
Are they tame?
How big do they get?
And how much do they cost, for some cool looking morphs?(nothing crazy, just a little different)

Old 08-11-2006, 05:50 PM   #2
Supahypegex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ball pythonz
I need a few questions cleared up for me:
Can I keep a few leapord geckos in a 30 gallon breeder tank?
Are they tame?
How big do they get?
And how much do they cost, for some cool looking morphs?(nothing crazy, just a little different)

you can keep 3 - 4 in a 30 gal Long tank.

most can be tame.

8 - 9"

I sell SHTCT's my prices range $60 - $150

Old 08-11-2006, 10:55 PM   #3
ball pythonz
lets say I was going to buy about 3 babys. Could I keep them all in the same tank, without knowing the genders, or would they fight?

Old 08-11-2006, 11:47 PM   #4
snowgyre
You could keep them in the same tank until you can determine gender. If you discover that two or more of your babies are males, separate them in different tanks. Multiple females can be housed together as long as they have enough places to hide and get out of each other's sight. Most babies are incubated for females so chances are you'll get mainly females.

Also, keeping 3 babies in such a large tank may produce a problem. If you're feeding with crickets, the more space and the more hiding places the crickets have, the harder it will be for the babies to find and eat them. I suggest having a small bowl of mealworms available at all times just in case the babies can't find the crickets in the cage.

An important fact to remember is that crickets decrease in nutritive value very quickly if they roam too long in the cage. You should only feed as much as the geckos can eat. Excess crickets can also stress out the babies.

I suggest going HERE to read up on leopard gecko care. Garrick and Sheila DeMeyer of CrestedGecko.com wrote it and they're one of the more prominent breeders out there. I've ordered geckos from them in the past and they sure know what they're doing.

Old 08-12-2006, 12:07 AM   #5
ball pythonz
well I could divide the tank in half...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!