What IS this? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 04-23-2004, 03:55 AM   #11
geckogirl0319
Omg, thats a spider?

Oh my god, I cant believe that's a spider.. Now I see one of the many reasons people want out of the middle east :-P I cant believe that thing, really hikes up my fear of spiders too..

Old 04-24-2004, 06:15 AM   #12
R and J
Yeah!! "Eight legged freaks" Part II! Of course if you look at a king crab, then the pic... Maybe they might be the next new food fad... YECH!:Puke:

Old 05-04-2004, 12:42 PM   #13
sschind
those things could walk off WEARING your boots

Old 05-07-2004, 11:35 AM   #14
Dianne Johnson
I really try to be open-minded about all of God's creatures - the whole 'everything serves a purpose' thing. But that thing just gives me the creeps - I'm with Ms. Terese - just seeing a picture of that thing makes me itch! I've tried to get over my fear of the multi-legged critters, but that thing just set me back in my endeavor by years!

Old 05-07-2004, 11:59 AM   #15
Got milks?
Hey folks, read this.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/bugs/camelspider.asp

Old 05-07-2004, 02:01 PM   #16
Dianne Johnson
Even if they 'only' get 5" in diameter, that's still one bug I don't want to meet.

Obviously whoever took the picture tried to make them appear larger by having one person standing away from the camera in the background while the camel spiders were held closer. For myself, they're still plenty big with no special effects. FWIW, we do have a smaller version in the southwestern portion of the US. A friend of mine lives in Arizona and they are among some of the creepy-crawlies found in the desert around his home....something tells me I wouldn't get much sleep there at night. lol

Dianne

Old 05-07-2004, 04:56 PM   #17
Sybella
I love spiders and now I want one of those!!! LOL!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!