DOG PROBLEM - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 10-05-2014, 08:36 PM   #11
JColt
Wow Chris, That would be a pretty penny! Yeah I would try talking to the husband. Just make sure you smile and act real friendly. Your size and tats may make him a bit hesitant, lol. All my friends say when they first met me they were not sure if I wanted to hurt them because I can project that until I know or trust a person.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:03 PM   #12
Durante
Well I mentioned to my wife I posted a blog & even about planting hedges maybe during the right season & it turns out she actually spoke with the neighbors today. She was outside with the dogs as the neighbors pulled up & they ran straight to the back of the yard so she walked back to talk about the barking & to see if "they found there dog". She said the wife didn't say a word or even look towards her but she did speak with the husband a little, who like I mentioned before seems like an okay guy. He made sure to tell my wife that he liked & didn't mind the dogs at all & understood the barking. Turns out the folks who lived in the home before us had 2 Great Danes & while he did not coming right out & state what it was he clearly hinted that his wife had some issues. My wife said from the wife's demeanor & the way he spoke she didn't even ask about them currently owning a dog & felt that if she did it might be embarrassing towards the woman who seemed to know what was being discussed to an extent.

I actually kind of feel bad & know it must be a difficult thing for any family. I think maybe in the future if it happens again rather then being grumpy right away maybe I'll take the dogs for a walk & see if she wants to join since I know they are both fine outside of the yard with me, she could probably even handle the little lazy guy who is great on a leash.

I still plan on taking some action to secure the property better, just to be safe but have to admit I feel a little better now at least having some understanding of what is going on.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:29 PM   #13
Durante
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
Wow Chris, That would be a pretty penny! Yeah I would try talking to the husband. Just make sure you smile and act real friendly. Your size and tats may make him a bit hesitant, lol. All my friends say when they first met me they were not sure if I wanted to hurt them because I can project that until I know or trust a person.
Joe, I just seen your comment after I posted because I didn't realize there was a second page. I totally get what your saying & still get that today too. It's funny that even when I try to put on the extra charm it sometimes freaks folks out more or they just think I'm being sarcastic. I'm not sure if you ever seen the kids movies but I like to joke around & say guys like us suffer from "Iron Giant" disease, lol. Since they are an older couple it was probably best the wife did get to speak with them first. I'll tell you, if the world only knew she was was the one they had to worry about & I was the least of anyone's trouble.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:42 PM   #14
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopps View Post
You need to call the police and file a report. I've seen people like this at the dog park or around neighborhoods with a lot of dogs. She might try taking one of your dogs or something. Be careful
Actually I was thinking along this line as well - even just to let them know there is a potential issue that you are addressing in case there is ever a future incident - just to cover your back.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:58 PM   #15
Durante
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
Actually I was thinking along this line as well - even just to let them know there is a potential issue that you are addressing in case there is ever a future incident - just to cover your back.
I try not to judge but she really is pretty old so it's really hard to picture her as a dog thief or part of some under ground dog fighting ring. I literately dont think she even drives anymore. I like to think the best of folks though & have found it sometimes gets me in trouble so I guess it couldn't hurt & might be a good idea just to be safe to make a call.

Old 10-05-2014, 11:25 PM   #16
Helenthereef
I was more thinking that if she is in the early stages of dementia it is just possible she might wander too close one day - and you'd want to be protected if that ever happened.

Old 10-05-2014, 11:38 PM   #17
Mooing Tricycle
I cannot begin to agree enough with filing some sort of a report. Just explain what happens, and express your concerns. Cover your butt. Get a copy and file it away.

Old 10-05-2014, 11:58 PM   #18
Durante
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
I was more thinking that if she is in the early stages of dementia it is just possible she might wander too close one day - and you'd want to be protected if that ever happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
I cannot begin to agree enough with filing some sort of a report. Just explain what happens, and express your concerns. Cover your butt. Get a copy and file it away.
If I did open just some report to have it on file is it something that the police would notify the neighbor about? Even though, I rather not cause more issue's for my neighbor or make him more stressed out, I'm getting the feeling it's worth doing to cover my butt. I'm just curious because if he is notified I would want to make it clear to him personally, face to face on why the report was made, so he understands that I dont have a feud against him or want to start trouble.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:07 AM   #19
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durante View Post
If I did open just some report to have it on file is it something that the police would notify the neighbor about? Even though, I rather not cause more issue's for my neighbor or make him more stressed out, I'm getting the feeling it's worth doing to cover my butt. I'm just curious because if he is notified I would want to make it clear to him personally, face to face on why the report was made, so he understands that I dont have a feud against him or want to start trouble.
I dont think so at all. I mean, i guess if they decided to go to the PD, maybe they could request a copy of it, but i dont believe they would just go and notify them.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:08 AM   #20
Mooing Tricycle
Like, if they randomly decided to see a report about them, I think they would have to specifically explain WHAT the report was about. I just dont think that people can do that just because they feel like it. A paper trail is a good thing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!