For Sale Large Custom Incubator in Madison, WI (pick-up only) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Caging, Supplies & Services For Sale/Wanted

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 11:11 AM   #1
PaulSage
Large Custom Incubator in Madison, WI (pick-up only)

This incubator was built out of a retail beverage cooler so it is insulated incredibly well. I added the shelves (which are adjustable to accommodate varying sizes of egg tubs) as well as the fans (powered by a single computer PSU), heat tape (hidden in both the top and bottom), and the built-in Herpstat ND thermostat. The door seals very well and there is a 48" fluorescent light built in, although it should not be left on for long periods of time because it produces too much heat. The overall exterior dimensions are 75" tall x 28 1/8" wide x 21 1/4" deep. There are six shelves inside that measure 23" wide x 31 1/4" deep. The overall approximate interior dimensions of the usable space are 48" x 24" x 24" which is 16 cubic feet.

The fans in the bottom of the incubator (picture #2) are directed to pull air in through the front ones, past the heat tape mounted inside, and the two toward the back direct the air upward. The fans in the top (picture #3) are mounted in a shroud to push the rising air back down along the front of the chamber, thus creating a constant, circular motion of air to maintain even temperatures throughout the incubation chamber. All five fans located in the bottom have independent velocity controls which can be accessed by lifting the top off the fan box. I was only able to use the unit for one season, so all of the components should have a lot of life left in them.

*Please note that it is a large, heavy unit that will require two people and a large vehicle to move. I will not be able to assist with loading or delivery. The unit is located just inside the house off the garage, so getting it to a vehicle shouldn't be too difficult. Again, the unit is located in Madison, WI.

Price is $800 firm and must be paid in full prior to taking possession. PayPal is my preferred method of payment.

Serious inquiries may be directed to yukondenali@hotmail.com or 92O-342-O474.

Thanks for looking,
Paul

Contact User Check User
Old 05-28-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
PaulSage
Soooo....

I still have this thing. Well, actually it's still at my brother's house. I'm afraid if it stays there too long he's likely to turn it into his own personal cryogenic chamber or something innovative and peculiar like that. OR, next time I'm home he'll have his buddies help him strap it to the hood of my BMW. (which will make me cry)

So, it just needs to be gone.

Anyway, any reasonable--or even somewhat unreasonable--offer will at least be seriously considered. ...or possibly kicked around like a carelessly discarded styrofoam cup while waiting in line seven hours for front-row seats at a Maroon5 concert.

It really is a nice incubator. I promise. Personally I think it'd be GREAT for a python or boa breeder because of its capacity, but it worked quite dandy for 1.7 bazillion gecko eggs too. I mean, it IS breeding season, right? Wouldn't a spiffy reliable incubator be a good investment to protect your squiggly little babies?

(Let me know if I haven't fully compromised my dignity yet in my desperate attempt to prevent a slap-fight at the next family dinner and I'll try harder.)
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread