Smell that? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-29-2009, 07:40 AM   #1
crotalusadamanteus
Smell that?

Every feeding. I take rats from the freezer, put them in the sink with water to thaw them out, walk into the living room and WHAM. Got critters hitting the glass. In just those two minutes, every snake in the house knows it's feeding time.

Miraculous sense of smell. It amazes me every time. Even the ones in the Boaphiles, with their lousy ventilation (I plan to remedy that BTW), know it's coming.

to be continued...

Old 08-29-2009, 07:41 AM   #2
crotalusadamanteus
Smell that?...Part II

These two girls have their own room at the end of the house, and they can smell it too.

Nothing like a healthy feed response.

Thanks for looking!

Old 08-29-2009, 08:16 AM   #3
Tiger Lilly
Awesome...and at the same time, a little scary! They've got the routine down pat, sounds like. Beautiful boas, btw.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:52 PM   #4
Laura Fopiano
OMG That's so funny, mine start thumping against their racks. I start feeding and then the thumping starts, it gets kinda scary when the fly outta the tubs at me.

Great pix as always Rick!

Old 09-01-2009, 06:18 PM   #5
LauraB
Now THAT'S what I call a "captive audience" Great photos!

Old 09-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #6
crotalusadamanteus
Thanks for the nice replies! Yeah, they're funny. Granted, this was their long week off feed, so they were hungry, but I'd get the same reaction if I fed them every week.
The two sunglow girls that are all at the door of the cage, don't like waiting. I open the door, they come and meet the rat half way. I always have to put them inside after they nab it. It's pretty comical.

Thanks again for the comps!

Old 09-01-2009, 06:38 PM   #7
DAND
Awesome pictures!!!

The synchronised feeding award goes to Richard!!!!!!!

Old 09-01-2009, 11:41 PM   #8
Helenthereef
Like the happy expectant smiles!

Old 09-01-2009, 11:48 PM   #9
Mooing Tricycle
LOL sounds like my house too The bullsnakes hiss and rattle till they get food! Balls just start cruising, and the boas wait for whatever moves when that tub/cage is opened!!! Such amusing critter we keep! And its kinda cool to see JUST how sensitive that sense of smell really is!!!!

Old 09-02-2009, 12:26 AM   #10
Randolph's Redtail's
Great pics Rich ,you just gotta love the look of well cared for boas, beautiful kids!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!