800 GRAM FEMALE BALL PYTHON LAID 4 EGGS - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #21
Bob O'Brien
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler1984 View Post
SORRY FOR THAT JUST GETTING SICK AND EFFIN TIRED OF DUM ACES TALKING SHIP
Smart move

Old 12-23-2011, 01:30 AM   #22
hussler1984
ITS A JOKE BOB, lighten up people!
Anyway the eggs about a month into incubation just flat out fouled out. The 3 began to rot while the other looked strong. One thing I did notice is that the eggs were long instead of round. Kinda like bright white healthy looking slugs?
I think the main problem people have with me is the fact that I tend to post adds that others wouldent even dare. I dont claim to be the first at anything, GOOGLE IS MY FRIEND I google the hell out of these questions before I even dare post them on this site! I dont care about the hell I catch, because eventually someone who dosent want to scold me for asking questions lays down some great information. I WILL ADMIT IT IS HARD READING THROUGH SOME OF THE UGLY COMMENTS.
In this post I never claimed it was ok to breed an 800 gram female ball python, thats the reason why I bugged the ex owner to let me find it a better home, the snakes were only with me for a short period of time, and I do not have pictures. The female did look healthy, and so did the baby. The baby weighed around 30 grams. I found a home for them both and did not make a penny off of them! common how bad of a guy can I be if i gave away a FREE lesser

Old 12-23-2011, 02:55 AM   #23
SirenSanJose
Quote:
The female did look healthy, and so did the baby. The baby weighed around 30 grams. I found a home for them both and did not make a penny off of them! common how bad of a guy can I be if i gave away a FREE lesser
30 grams?!? Wow, that's a tiny, tiny baby! If anything, I'd say that's more evidence that such small females should NOT be bred if the ONLY survivor was weighing about HALF of what a baby ball should!

Old 12-23-2011, 03:03 AM   #24
hussler1984
I wasent sure if i should feed it crickets or some small insect lol untill i found a very tiny mouse pinky! I did also forget to leave out its eyes, they were very small like pin heads. almost looked as if it dident have eyes at all! birth defect forsure! other than that he was very healthy and recently recieved a picture of him and hes very nice, if you can look past his little biddie eyes :

Old 12-23-2011, 03:22 AM   #25
SirenSanJose
Quote:
I wasent sure if i should feed it crickets or some small insect lol untill i found a very tiny mouse pinky! I did also forget to leave out its eyes, they were very small like pin heads. almost looked as if it dident have eyes at all! birth defect forsure! other than that he was very healthy and recently recieved a picture of him and hes very nice, if you can look past his little biddie eyes :
How long did they incubate, did he go the whole 2 months, or did he hatch (or his egg collapse) prematurely?

Old 12-23-2011, 03:52 AM   #26
hussler1984
over 50 days in the incubator and never collapsed

Old 12-23-2011, 05:43 AM   #27
hhmoore
So you were patting yourself on the back for giving away a baby lesser with visible birth defects.......

Old 12-23-2011, 06:26 AM   #28
hussler1984
Harald I AM STILL PATTING MY SELF ON THE BACK FOR THAT ONE.
The owner is aware of the condition of the snake

:0

HHMOORE NEEDS TO BE REEVALUATED TO SEE IF HES STILL A GOOD CANIDATE TO REPRESENT FAUNA.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:27 AM   #29
hussler1984
I N S T I G A T O R

Old 12-23-2011, 08:28 AM   #30
edf01
Harald is indeed a great candidate to represent fauna- i'd say one of the best.

Upon first reading your post in this thread- it came across to me that you were elated to have a 800 gram female to lay eggs ( even tho you didnt breed her) and was stating it so peeps can start breeding their bps sooner ( yes, i did read where you didnt intend it to be that way)- to therefore make more money off of them sooner... I think th e clutch results you got shows grealty why someone should NOT breed a snake that young.
Just because they are able to produce eggs does not mean they should be bred. I have snakes well over 3 years old and are around the 1400-1500 gram range and arent ready to breed . ( heck, my 2500 gram girl who is not a virgin isnt ready to breed this season)

Also, be lucky that the 800 gram girl didnt get egg bound and die. It can happen to snakes- more so with snakes that are bred too young. There are things that can indeed go wrong with breeding snakes too young- and that is why responsible people dont do it, its not that they didnt know it could be done, but chose to not do it.

IMHO- a snake with a severe birth defect is not a successful breeding at all- it was defected for a reason- could be incubation issues, could be due to mom beign too young, or one parent can simple have bad genetics. Reguardless, Its not a smart move to breed a snake at 800 grams- (i know you didnt).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!