Wanted The Giant Madagascar Hognose Snake ( Leioheterodon madagascariensis ) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Other Snakes

Notices

Old 10-21-2021, 01:48 PM   #1
MoonTemeraire
The Giant Madagascar Hognose Snake ( Leioheterodon madagascariensis )

Hi

I have a gorgeous adult female. One of my most amazing individuals in my care! I've been hoping to find her a mate, but I can never find any males for sale, only females. Anyone have any leads or have any for sale?

I'm not against having to import from Madagascar, or anywhere in the world if that's my only option. I really want a male.

Would love to share my email for easier and faster communication. But I've had way too much spam/scam emails sent to me, so I have to sadly skip that nowadays. I apologies about that. I know how much more pleasant and easier it is with emails than PM over here

Thank you for reading
  Contact User Check User
Old 12-07-2021, 05:42 PM   #2
jric17
Hi there! I actually have a pair of giant hognoses I am looking to sell. I have to scale back for personal reasons. Where are you located ? They are the common color - black/white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-07-2021, 07:14 PM   #3
MoonTemeraire
Hello
I'm definitely interested. I'm in Wisconsin .
Would you be fine with continuing talking over PM and maybe move to email instead? Easier to communicate that way

Thank you for reaching out to me
  Contact User Check User
Old 12-13-2021, 11:34 AM   #4
MoonTemeraire
Still looking for an adult male. Please, don't waste my time, thank you. If you don't want to sell, then don't contact me. I'm here to buy
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-11-2022, 12:55 PM   #5
MoonTemeraire
Anyone have anything?
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-22-2022, 04:09 PM   #6
MoonTemeraire
Still looking. So far I've been dealing with scammers, or just shady people.
I might consider going with a juvenile CB guaranteed sexed male, if price isn't over the top. I'm full aware of what wild caught adults go for
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-22-2022, 06:19 PM   #7
Matthew Dove
I saw an adult male listed on morph market recently. "Paul's cool scales" I believe.

Old 01-23-2022, 10:43 AM   #8
MoonTemeraire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Dove View Post
I saw an adult male listed on morph market recently. "Paul's cool scales" I believe.
Thank you for letting me know. I have been in contact with that place/person.
I would love to hear back. It's just very difficult to continue a conversation after waiting for a response, on some simple questions, for almost two weeks now.
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-23-2022, 01:48 PM   #9
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonTemeraire View Post
I would love to hear back. It's just very difficult to continue a conversation after waiting for a response, on some simple questions, for almost two weeks now.
You seem the sort of buyer who might signal that they're not up for any funny business at all (a good thing to signal, of course). Some sellers (such as flippers who know that the quality of what they're selling is possibly subject to some reasonable criticism; this isn't a cut against any one vendor, but a comment about the whole flipping thing) will sometimes ghost this sort of buyer as a self protective move (that's a feature of MM, and is kind of encouraged by the review system there). It is a sign that the transaction probably won't go well, in any event.

Presumably you've contacted all the past sellers of the species (in the hog section here). Also, you might contact the WI (and heck, Chicago) reptile stores to see if they have any leads. And that big store in Ohio (SATOO). And the one in CA with their own wholesale arm (LLL, who claims to breed the species in house). And get on the waiting lists of the wholesalers.

Hope this helps.

Old 01-23-2022, 04:44 PM   #10
MoonTemeraire
I totally understand . It's very difficult to word things sometimes, without sounding too harsh or defensive, especially in a none native language. I'm always open to discuss any potential hognoses for sale. I've just not had any great experiences so far here on Fauna, and therefore I'm on edge. I rather stay safe than take an unnecessary risks. I got scammed out of a pair over a year ago, and I had to fight for my money back... it took almost 6 months, and stopped me from other potential purchases of these. I do apologize for sounding like I'm overly defensive, that's not the case. Just trying to find a serious seller, that won't waste my time trying to scam me or sell me a sick animal full of parasites.

Thank you for the recommendations! Means a lot. Been stalking a lot of pages for a long time. Rarely seen any for sale. Often been females, or they got sold instantly. I'll never give up searching. I really would love a male for this upcoming season. It would mean so much. A lot of time has already passed. I'll keep looking
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!