Looks like I'm moving... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 05-15-2014, 04:07 PM   #1
tarawr
Looks like I'm moving...

So, guys, I'm looking at moving back to my home state of Arkansas, and from what I remember about my area (Knoxville, AR-- near Russellville and Clarksville), there were only two places to buy rodents-- Davis Pet Store, which only sold live feeders, and Pet Smart, which only sold up to small mice (frozen)... and my problem is that I keep (mostly) Boas. (Columbian Red-Tails mostly, with 1 rainbow boa and a ball python)

For the last 3 years, I have been in the Madison Area (Wisconsin), and there are plenty of places that sell frozen feeders in the sizes I need for my snakes... so, I'm now looking at getting feeders online. Are there any places that you prefer?

Looking at the general cost of feeders and their shipping, but also quality of product.

Sorry if this is in the wrong area-- I wasn't entirely sure where this best fit.

Old 05-15-2014, 04:37 PM   #2
j_dunlavy
I have been using Rodent Pro and have no complaints about them. Their rodents have always been clean and well packed, arriving frozen solid; the prices are good and the customer service I have received has always been great. They have also been offering $30 flat rate shipping recently which is nice.

Another place worth trying would be American Rodent Supply. I have not purchased rodents from them (just my snake racks) but was very satisfied with the customer service provided by Brian.

Hope your move goes well.

Old 05-15-2014, 05:33 PM   #3
tarawr
Thank Jon. I've heard a lot about RodentPro-- Hadn't heard about American Rodent Supply, so that gives me another place to check out.
I'm sure the move will go fine, just want to be sure I know my options before I get there and need to do feedings (My other option is to buy some rodents before the move and just pack them in the cooler. LOL)

Old 06-22-2014, 04:48 PM   #4
Siukie
I've been using American Rodent Supply for 2 years now. And I can say i'm extremely happy with their rodents and shipping! For my particular location, the shipping is free as long as my orders are over $100. So that is a huge plus considering all the other "big" places want to charge you an arm and a leg to ship..

They ship the order out within 48 hours of receiving your order (least so far), which I've had to wait 2-3 weeks for some other places online, just to process the order. The soonest I received my order from American Rodent Supply was 2 days after ordering. So that was pretty fast on their part!

American Rodent Supply also has very competitive prices, very much so on par with Rodent Pro.

Either way whatever you decide to go with, it's always going to be much cheaper buying F/T online vs in a pet store. The pet stores around here are insane with their F/T prices.. haha.

Good luck on the move!

Old 06-22-2014, 06:11 PM   #5
hhmoore
Of the suppliers I've used over the years (including the two mentioned above), I prefer Mice Direct.

Old 06-22-2014, 06:37 PM   #6
Brandonmarsh29
I have been using big cheese for the last year and have not had any issues. There is always a good range of sizes in every size category very reasonable prices and shipping cost. I haven't used the others but I haven't felt the need to go anywhere else.
Good luck with your move and I hope whoever you end up with treats you (and the snakes ��) right. Hope we all helped you

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!