new member - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 12-17-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
pythonpaintjobs

Hey everyone I just joined and wanted to introduce myself. I'm Chris Hall and have been breeding balls for about 4 years now. I'm a hobbyist, but take great pride in my small collection of about 30. I love the species and all the potential of the different combos. I'm currently working on (fingers crossed) spider mystic potion, mystic potions, pastel calicos, pieds and a several other single gene animals. I've been a long time member of another forum and look forward to meeting some new people and hearing some new ideas. Chris

Old 12-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #2
axeman
Welcome to Fauna.

Old 12-17-2011, 05:47 PM   #3
Shadera
Welcome Chris.

~ the other Magickal Morphs
FYI for anyone wondering, Chris is not associated with me.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:31 AM   #4
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
Welcome Chris.

~ the other Magickal Morphs
FYI for anyone wondering, Chris is not associated with me.
Great to know. It could have been confusing, to those not looking carefully.

Welcome Chris.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:26 AM   #5
Mikkwa
Welcome to the forum Chris. My favorite ball python is the pied. I have a male & female, maybe breed them when they are old enough. For now I just enjoy their gorgeous colors.

You do have some very good & beautiful morphs you are working with, good luck & post pics of your outcomes.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:18 PM   #6
pythonpaintjobs
De'Andrea I love the pieds too. I don't actually have any in my collection yet. I have 1 on loan from a friend. I have a 1.1 pair of 100% het that laid 5 eggs last year, but 1 went bad. I hatched out 2.2 poss hets. It was so frustrating no pieds. I held back the girls and borrowed a pied to "up" my chances! I prefer codom animals so i don't have to worry about selling hets, but EVERYONE needs a pied! Good luck this season. Chris Hall

Old 12-21-2011, 06:22 AM   #7
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmorphs View Post
De'Andrea I love the pieds too. I don't actually have any in my collection yet. I have 1 on loan from a friend. I have a 1.1 pair of 100% het that laid 5 eggs last year, but 1 went bad. I hatched out 2.2 poss hets. It was so frustrating no pieds. I held back the girls and borrowed a pied to "up" my chances! I prefer codom animals so i don't have to worry about selling hets, but EVERYONE needs a pied! Good luck this season. Chris Hall
How long have you had this name? It's kind of confusing with MagickalMorphs unless one actually notices the spelling, as I mentioned before.

There have been a lot of, what I would call, "copycat" names popping up lately...some of them are so transparently trying to ride the coat-tails of another's reputation.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:41 AM   #8
Shadera
He says he's been using it longer, but darned if I could find hide nor hair of him when I did a detailed web search before settling on the name myself. All I found was some old KS posts I stumbled across accidentally, and he hadn't been active for a long time before that.

When I approached him not long ago about changing it, I was basically told to go fornicate myself. Another person using the name had no problems changing theirs, and I was happy to send them some stuff to make them feel good about it as well.

But, the name leads back here and to me, even under his spelling.
And, I own the .com's for that spelling of the name.

So how far could he possibly go with it? It just boggles my mind that someone can *know* someone else has established an online rep with a name on several forums, and still go ahead and use it like nothing's wrong. I will step in and disassociate myself with him at every chance I feel I need to, because he's not getting the benefit of my rep if I can help it, and I sure don't want his. If he's hoping I'll drop it, he hasn't done much research on me.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:53 AM   #9
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
He says he's been using it longer, but darned if I could find hide nor hair of him when I did a detailed web search before settling on the name myself. All I found was some old KS posts I stumbled across accidentally, and he hadn't been active for a long time before that.

When I approached him not long ago about changing it, I was basically told to go fornicate myself. Another person using the name had no problems changing theirs, and I was happy to send them some stuff to make them feel good about it as well.

But, the name leads back here and to me, even under his spelling.
And, I own the .com's for that spelling of the name.

So how far could he possibly go with it? It just boggles my mind that someone can *know* someone else has established an online rep with a name on several forums, and still go ahead and use it like nothing's wrong. I will step in and disassociate myself with him at every chance I feel I need to, because he's not getting the benefit of my rep if I can help it, and I sure don't want his. If he's hoping I'll drop it, he hasn't done much research on me.

I totally understand from a logical and ethical perspective. I believe many of us would feel the same way after going through so much effort to ensure that our reputation was as unblemished as possible.

I am sure that if I accidentally had used DEBs like I did and later found out that another DEB had the name first, I would certainly have bowed out...the point of naming our business is to STAND OUT! Not be one of a crowd!

Old 12-21-2011, 08:59 AM   #10
SERPENTS DEN
Welcome to fauna Chris!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!