My Rexy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-07-2006, 02:27 PM   #1
gracemynote
My Rexy

Okay here is the update on Rex. I have no idea what in the world is going on anymore so I'll just say what I see. So he shed last night. I also have another question because I had helped him remove his shedding. I think I may have done it a little early. Because when he jerked his leg he tore some of the skin off his toes and now two of them, the tips of his toes are bleeding. I put some neosporin on it to hopefully help it. I think they were deformed from before because of tissue death being left on them. And the little tissue tore made them bleed a little.
See my parents have been taking care of him for the past 3 years and they didn't think to remove toe stuff. Well he's back in my care now. I've had him for 10 years so I must be doing something right!
Also.. so here is the latest pic. Since his shed, some MORE of those stick thingys appeared, like two of them from the slit. What the quack are those? I removed them of course, all it took was a q-tip and some water. I don't get it. I have no idea what those are b/c first off all everyone says there's no hole there and yet there are things definately coming out of him. Is there something else shedding back there that we don't know about? Anyway, I have no idea what those things are, if they are supposed to be there. My gecko is getting older so maybe it is an age thing? Having problem with his waxy substance pore things so they build up? I have no idea, but whichever. It seems like he is getting better. The slit seems to be getting smaller and smaller. I definately made sure to get the shed off that area first thing.

Old 06-08-2006, 02:06 PM   #2
dudeman67420
I would definately take him to the vet, because there isnt supposed to be anything comeing out of those anal pores. I dont no what it is but again take it to the vet it looks like something very serious.

Old 06-08-2006, 03:48 PM   #3
gracemynote
I did..... and he said there was nothing wrong with him. I have no a clue what to do anymore.

Old 06-11-2006, 09:58 PM   #4
Missymonkey
I can't speak to the things coming in or out of the rectum but I do have a slight suggestion about shedding. I don't know if you have already heard this or not so forgive me if it's old news to you. I use a moist box with my geckos because I had the problem of toes falling off. I take a rubbermaid container shoe box sized because I have 4 geckos together. Then I fill it with peat moss and wet it down so it's fairly moist. I cut a hole in the lid so they can get in and out. They use it as they please and I haven't had any shedding problems since.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!