Ball X woma python hybrid general questions? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization

Notices

Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization General discussions about the science of genetics as well as the ever changing face of taxonomy. Issues concerning hybridization are welcome here as well.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
tracy reptile co.
Ball X woma python hybrid general questions?

Ball X woma python hybrid general questions?
ok i have a woma python and i want to breed it to a ball python, i know its been done its called the wall. i just have a few questions.

1. has anyone ever bred a morph ball python to a woma and come out with something cool?
2. how many eggs are generally produced from this pairing?
3. the wall hybrid itself, can it be bred or it sterile? so hybrids are sterile so im wondering if this one is too.
4. is there a difference between the male being a ball python and the woma being a female or is the result the same if the woma is male and the ball python is female. I ASK THIS BECAUSE FOR EXAMPLE THE LIGER (MALE LION BRED TO A FEMALE TIGER HYBRID) IS DIFFERENT FROM A TIGION (A MALE TIGER AND A FEMALE LION) THEY LOOK VERY DIFFERENT EVEN THOUGH THE GENETICS ARE THE SAME.

THANKS FOR LOOKING AND ANSWERING THIS QUESTION Ball X woma python hybrid general questions?
ok i have a woma python and i want to breed it to a ball python, i know its been done its called the wall. i just have a few questions.

1. has anyone ever bred a morph ball python to a woma and come out with something cool?
2. how many eggs are generally produced from this pairing?
3. the wall hybrid itself, can it be bred or it sterile? so hybrids are sterile so im wondering if this one is too.
4. is there a difference between the male being a ball python and the woma being a female or is the result the same if the woma is male and the ball python is female. I ASK THIS BECAUSE FOR EXAMPLE THE LIGER (MALE LION BRED TO A FEMALE TIGER HYBRID) IS DIFFERENT FROM A TIGION (A MALE TIGER AND A FEMALE LION) THEY LOOK VERY DIFFERENT EVEN THOUGH THE GENETICS ARE THE SAME.

THANKS FOR LOOKING AND ANSWERING THIS QUESTION

Old 10-27-2010, 12:21 PM   #2
Focal
I can't find to much but I did find this question that had me thinking:

Quote:
Also on this particular Xing.
Womas require dry arid conditions & BPs require high humidity to shed.
Is the health of the animal going to be compromised trying to provide both or one over the other?
Things to ponder anyhow, Mark

Also, I always thought the Liger was a joke til now, lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!