You guys think this is anything? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-19-2010, 01:52 AM   #1
Tasty Cakes
You guys think this is anything?

I just picked up 2 sick Balls from a buddy of mine who received them sick but doesn't have the time for them. The male seems ok, he just took a small rat (took him 45 mins to eat it tho) The female has some nasty mucus in her mouth that looks like mouth rot, but appears healthy besides that.

At any rate my buddy said he noticed this ones a little odd looking when he got em. His belly white comes up nicely on his sides, he has some flames going on and alot of his saddles are outlined in white. I was just thinking how much he looks like my female Yellow Belly so I figured I'd post him up and see what y'all think.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:54 AM   #2
Shadera
Normal.

Be sure you get them to the vet. RI is nothing to mess around with and mouth rot often goes hand in hand with it.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:59 AM   #3
Tasty Cakes
Yea I know, I have some extra baytril left over so if she doesn't start to get better in a couple of days I'm gonna give her some.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:09 AM   #4
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasty Cakes View Post
Yea I know, I have some extra baytril left over so if she doesn't start to get better in a couple of days I'm gonna give her some.
If she has mucus in her mouth, I wouldn't wait to treat her. And I would suggest a trip to the vet, to be sure of what you're actually treating her for. Hopefully she's resting nicely for now, in quarantine!! Good luck!

Old 08-19-2010, 11:51 AM   #5
Melinda
IMHO, once mouthrot sets in, it's time for antibiobitics. Also, her mouth will need to be gently swabbed to remove the crud that sticks in there.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:54 PM   #6
Tasty Cakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
IMHO, once mouthrot sets in, it's time for antibiobitics. Also, her mouth will need to be gently swabbed to remove the crud that sticks in there.
Yea I been using Listerine twice a day w/ a Q tip on her gums. So I been reading 5-7 mg/kg a dose and every 48 hours. Does that sound about right?

Old 08-20-2010, 06:35 PM   #7
snakesRkewl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasty Cakes View Post
So I been reading 5-7 mg/kg a dose and every 48 hours. Does that sound about right?
If that's what the vet says is correct for what's wrong with the snake, it sounds like the needs a vet more than a guess.

Old 08-20-2010, 06:38 PM   #8
snakesRkewl
Also if they came together you may as well assume they are both sick, and hopefully if you have other snakes they went to quarantine and not in the same room as any other snakes you might have.

Old 08-21-2010, 02:17 AM   #9
Tasty Cakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesRkewl View Post
If that's what the vet says is correct for what's wrong with the snake, it sounds like the needs a vet more than a guess.
I don't need to give a vet $200 for them to give me baytril and say if this doesn't work we'll try something else FWIW I'm giving the ball the same mg/kg dose my Boa got which is the same dose ppl online recommend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesRkewl View Post
Also if they came together you may as well assume they are both sick, and hopefully if you have other snakes they went to quarantine and not in the same room as any other snakes you might have.
Yea they are def in quarantine. Wet paper towels, 99% humidity and 94 degree hot spot . The female seems to have improved in the 6 days I'v had her.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!