"GIRL" question.. heads up! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:26 PM   #1
Miss Tuniwha
Unhappy "GIRL" question.. heads up!

ok. I am 27. have endometriosis, amongst a ton of other health issues..

Long story short.. I just had a consult, and now have an appointment in about 3 weeks to have a full hysterectomy.

This is kinda a big thing, and there is no guarantee it will help.

The reason I post this, is to hear stories, good or bad of peoples hysterectomies.

ESPECIALLY ones that had them due to Endometriosis..

I thank you in advance.. I admit I am nervous. and I am not easily unnerved.

lol

and I also apologize to anyone that reads this and goes EEEEWWWW.. lol

Old 11-18-2008, 06:32 PM   #2
TheFragginDragon
Well, I'm not a girl, and I didn't go 'EWWWWWW', but I wish you the best of luck Brandi.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:55 PM   #3
Kiote_9
[F]Brandi, I personally haven't had a hysterectomy but know of many women who did.

If your doctor thinks you need one then get it. Your body would otherwise continue to allow endometrial tissue to enter your body cavity and it is known to cause cancer as well as the pain. Even if they don't get ALL of the escaped endometrial tissue out of the abdominal cavity when they do the procedure it will eliminate a lot of the hormonal changes that cause the pain.

I used to work in a hospital histology lab and have seen the what endometriosis does to the uterus and surrounding tissues. It isn't pretty.

Your health and happiness is the most important thing. Love yourself enough to do it.
[/font]

Old 11-18-2008, 07:09 PM   #4
Miss Tuniwha
Thanks Shelly... I have already had the laparoscopy, and gone on lupron (forced temporary menupause for those who arent messed up enough to know)

she fears it may have already passed the parts we are removing.. but she said if I ever want to feel better, we gotta get this done and gone with.. and if it DOESNT help, at least we will be one step closer.

I am just nervous. Not sure why.. I have had a few surgeries already.. but this will be my first overnight hospital stays..

I dont like.. hospitals..

Old 11-18-2008, 07:09 PM   #5
johns6068
I wish you the best of luck and hope all goes well for ya

Old 11-18-2008, 07:12 PM   #6
Wolfy-hound
Mother, aunt, and several cousins had hysterectomys. All were glad they had them done. Afterwards without the issues that made them necessary, they were happier, and did not have issues that were not easily controlled afterwards. When they say "get up and walk, you'll feel better faster when you do", it'll hurt.. but they are RIGHT.
Good luck, best wishes.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:50 PM   #7
Kiote_9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha View Post

I am just nervous. Not sure why.. I have had a few surgeries already.. but this will be my first overnight hospital stays..

I dont like.. hospitals..
[F]
Oh, hospital stays can be wonderful....

I had an overnight with my broken arm when I was 13 (which sucked), a 4 day stay when the twins were born (difficult C-section and it was an OK stay), and 3 weeks when I had thoracic surgery. It all depends on the hospital you are in. If they provide adequate nursing staff and have decent food you are all good.

I cried when they made me leave the last hospital I was at. They took such good care of me that I didn't want to leave. I was also drugged to high heaven after two major surgeries, but I swear it was the good food that made me want to stay!

The worst part is the first time they make you walk after the surgery. After that it gets better all the time. Then you go home and see how difficult it is on your own. You should get someone to stay with you for a few days when you get out of the hospital. It really really helps.
[/font]

Old 11-18-2008, 07:57 PM   #8
Miss Tuniwha
well the surgery is Dec. 11.. a thurs.. so hubby took thurs and fri off.. so he will be there.. which is nice..

and yes.. after my laparoscopy.. they made me go potty.. that.. was .. odd.. I was just like.. I KNOW I GOTTA PEEEEE.... WHY ISNT IT GOING.... ha ha ah ha ah

in a whiney, still drugged up voice..

Old 11-18-2008, 08:13 PM   #9
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Good luck Brandi~ I know you'll do well~ your a strong lady!
I've not had a hysterectomy~ but I've known several women that have. My understanding is that IF they can go in though.........the already open door (please say you understand what I just said! LOL!) rather than having to cut into your abdomen the recovery will be easier. Be sure to ask if thats an option if it's not already been offered to you.

My mother took medication while she was pregnant with me do avoid miscarriage (she had miscarried 3 times before me) that MAY cause my uterine cancer~ AND my mother had breast cancer that required radical mastectomies of both breasts..........so I always kind of expect the Doc to tell me he has to start cutting every time I go in (......lets see.....why do I refuse to go to the Dr any more than absolutely neccessary??) So I've done a bit of investigation into the less invasive and easeir methods to accomplish some of this.......and if they can go in without cutting so much the better!

Good luck~ your a strong lady~ you'll do great! And I'll keep you in my prayers and happy thoughts too!

Old 11-18-2008, 08:29 PM   #10
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM View Post
Good luck Brandi~ I know you'll do well~ your a strong lady!
I've not had a hysterectomy~ but I've known several women that have. My understanding is that IF they can go in though.........the already open door (please say you understand what I just said! LOL!) rather than having to cut into your abdomen the recovery will be easier. Be sure to ask if thats an option if it's not already been offered to you.\
.. Yes I know what you mean.. lol

and I did ask.. it is not an option, because I have never had a child..

but she does plan to attempt to do it like a laparoscopy.. small incisions etc.. she will only slice me from hip to hip if she really must.

she (the dr) really seems to care, and want to help.. and to make the recovery as quick and painless as possible!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!