Just hatched out my very first..... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-31-2004, 04:50 AM   #1
robin d.
Just hatched out my very first.....

ever R. Auriculatus (aka gargoyle gecko).... when i first looked in i was like wtf... i took a look closer realized what it was and nearly pee'd myself.... or as my mother would have said " i was tickled pink"
anyhow here it is... quite a big thing too LOL and it has yellow "eyelashes" even though they do not have the ability to blink.... i expect its clutchmate very soon
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2004, 04:54 AM   #2
robin d.
here is another pic... i thought it was cute
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2004, 07:42 PM   #3
progeckos
Congrats…

All right Robin! It looks kind of small to me but if you say it’s big, it’s big. I love the way they look, the color and patterns are awesome.

Quote:
or as my mother would have said " i was tickled pink"
LOL. My dad says the same thing.

Old 10-31-2004, 11:23 PM   #4
ibabamba
awesome, thanks for sharing

Old 11-01-2004, 05:18 PM   #5
riverjop
awwwwwww

Old 11-01-2004, 07:52 PM   #6
Mark and Aimee
Very cool! At what size and age did your female produce?

Mark

Old 11-01-2004, 08:14 PM   #7
robin d.
Quote:
Very cool! At what size and age did your female produce?
thanks guys i am VERY proud. i just weighed the bigger of my two females and she weighs 42 grams and has given me three clutches (they seems like they dont lose weight like leos do durring breeding egg laying, except the males sometimes get thin so you might have to seperate) she was a bit over a year old when i first introduced her to the male. my other younger female i just reciently put in there is roughly about 35 grams and right about a year old. she has given me one clutch and is sitting in the nest box waiting to sqeeze two more out as we speak.... you know when its time for them to lay because it seems thats the only time they ever go into the humid hide/nest box

Old 11-01-2004, 08:18 PM   #8
KelliH
Congrats! It is very cute!

Old 11-01-2004, 08:20 PM   #9
Lynn
You go girlfriend.. Congratulations on the new baby.. So cute....

Old 11-01-2004, 08:22 PM   #10
robin d.
oh and one tip: keep roughly the same sized gargoyles together because they can be canibalistic....unfirtunately sometimes with leos you will get ones with birth defects and if i have one periodically i will feed it to my larger aurics. this was my first attempt at breeding them... so far so good... i am hoping to get some nice stripes... both adult females are stripes and the male is a light marble. from what i understand of the stripes in gargoyles is that it is a co-dominant trait.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!