Common Snapping Turtle - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Old 06-26-2010, 06:23 AM   #1
Keith N
Common Snapping Turtle

Hello I was running a service call one day down by the water on a boat dock on our way down we saw a snapper digging and laying eggs. We took a few pictures and moved on and went to work. We were on the way back and noticed when she was burying her eggs one stayed topside and was exposed. Since we go geckos I picked it up and threw it in the incubator knowing it would go bad the way it was and it was a fresh lay so it was still pretty good. It has been incubating for 33 days now and from what I read it takes 60-80. It is starting to get close to that time when I need to find someone to take it as I do not want to raise this turtle when it hatches.I am looking for someone in Virginia or Southern Maryland to take it when it hatches. I am not asking any money for it just someone who is knowledgable in turtles. Email or PM me if interested. Thanks Keith
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-26-2010, 01:02 PM   #2
jozzep
Keith you could always let it go in the spot you found the egg once the turtle hatches.
You did a great thing.

Old 06-26-2010, 02:12 PM   #3
Keith N
I will pm you with some questions. Thanks
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-27-2010, 07:29 AM   #4
Keith N
No longer available. Thanks Giuseppe for all you guidance, we will be releasing back into the outdoors.
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-27-2010, 09:56 AM   #5
jozzep
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchneff View Post
No longer available. Thanks Giuseppe for all you guidance, we will be releasing back into the outdoors.
Anytime my friend.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:33 AM   #6
Keith N
Quote:
Originally Posted by jozzep View Post
Anytime my friend.
I will probably have to contact you with questions when it hatches.
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-02-2010, 07:09 PM   #7
cordell
awesome!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!