Neb. man dies after being strangled by pet snake - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:59 PM   #1
Southern Wolf
Neb. man dies after being strangled by pet snake

Neb. man dies after being strangled by pet snake

And next on the list of banned species..... boas

Byrne had been showing the snake to a friend when it wrapped around his shoulders and neck and squeezed, Sarpy County Attorney Lee Polikov said.

"There's already discussion about looking at the law," he said. "Omaha has an ordinance against such animals; Papillion doesn't. There's no state controlling law."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37621474?gt1=43001

Old 06-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #2
jscianni21
this really sucks the moron was probly drunk off his ass and what i don't get why didn't his buddy help him out this just seems crazy

Old 06-10-2010, 08:43 PM   #3
Harpy254
It's always tards' like these that make us responsible herpers look bad. Weed these losers out, please.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:45 PM   #4
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscianni21 View Post
this really sucks the moron was probly drunk off his ass and what i don't get why didn't his buddy help him out this just seems crazy
That IS odd.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:48 PM   #5
Southern Wolf
maybe the buddy was scared of snakes

Old 06-10-2010, 08:49 PM   #6
matt b
im not a doctor or even really educated in the medical field but how can the cause of death be strangulation when he died several hours later. "Papillion died Wednesday night at a local hospital, just hours after police and paramedics pried the snake from around his neck, police said."
im not sure but i think maybe someone should look into this a little further, kind of sounds as if some local authorities just jumped on the bandwagon.

i may be wrong but just my feeling on this topic

Old 06-10-2010, 09:32 PM   #7
jscianni21
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt b View Post
im not a doctor or even really educated in the medical field but how can the cause of death be strangulation when he died several hours later. "Papillion died Wednesday night at a local hospital, just hours after police and paramedics pried the snake from around his neck, police said."
im not sure but i think maybe someone should look into this a little further, kind of sounds as if some local authorities just jumped on the bandwagon.

i may be wrong but just my feeling on this topic
ya i aggree this whole story just seems very fishy to me but all together this is just a big kick in the balls

Old 06-10-2010, 09:40 PM   #8
WingedWolf
It was a 9 foot boa constrictor, which is currently in the custody of the Nebraska Humane Society (local shelter). The man was frequently seen putting the snake around his neck and carrying it around.

He took it out and draped it around his neck to show off to a girlfriend, and it must have gotten nervous, and tightened up, and cut off his airway.

Apparently the girlfriend was helpless, and the police couldn't get it off of him quickly either--the NHS person finally got the snake off of the guy, and the paramedics rushed him to the hospital.

They were doing CPR in the ambulance, but from the result, obviously the hypoxia had caused too much brain damage.

Omaha's ordinance bans snakes that reach over 8 feet as an adult.

We are all asking why it took so long to unwrap a 9 foot boa, but for whatever reason...it happened. The herp society here was quick to make a statement on this accident, and do a bit of damage control, and it was published.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:07 AM   #9
brd7666
Here is another story.

http://omaha.com/article/20100609/NE...ython-injuries

Old 06-11-2010, 12:44 AM   #10
jscianni21
Quote:
Originally Posted by brd7666 View Post
rofl the picture is of a ball python then a vid of a boa at the bottem lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!