wolf snake issues...dying? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-04-2022, 02:35 AM   #1
toxicmoxy
wolf snake issues...dying?

had a wolf snake come in the mail other day. they said he was flighty and defensive. had him for 3 days now and he seems sick. wont move at all in enclosure. very lethargic does not want to move at all. wont open its mouth even. im actually hoping it bites because to feel better about it not being sick! it may have mouth rot though not sure as usually they would open mouth if was the case and as stated, she does not open her mouth at all.the shipping was shitty box was messed up she definetly had a tough ride. any ideas would be helpful. i was excited to have her so i can help teach my son how to work with a flighty specimen. now im just bummed out that i might have a potentially dying snake.

Old 03-04-2022, 08:47 AM   #2
Socratic Monologue
It needs a vet visit. You can search for one here:

https://arav.site-ym.com/search/custom.asp?id=3661

Old 03-04-2022, 01:23 PM   #3
WebSlave
Shipped to you via the US mail?

From where? Any chances it could have been exposed to cold temps along the way?

Old 03-04-2022, 02:41 PM   #4
marker1
Is it hiding for three days or it’s not moved out in open area of enclosure?

Old 03-04-2022, 09:02 PM   #5
toxicmoxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Shipped to you via the US mail?

From where? Any chances it could have been exposed to cold temps along the way?
yes us mail and potentially. but the delivery kid was a sadist. my box had plants in it and it was all damaged. they must of shook it profusely.

Old 03-04-2022, 09:03 PM   #6
toxicmoxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by marker1 View Post
Is it hiding for three days or it’s not moved out in open area of enclosure?
no its in an open area just lying still. completly lethargic. refuses to mouth open

Old 03-04-2022, 09:04 PM   #7
toxicmoxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicmoxy View Post
no its in an open area just lying still. completly lethargic. refuses to mouth open
Quote:
yes us mail and potentially. but the delivery kid was a sadist. my box had plants in it and it was all damaged. they must of shook it profusely.

it was shipped FEDEX my apologies

Old 03-05-2022, 04:18 AM   #8
toxicmoxy
she has broken bones i just realized. down her spine and possibly jaw. fuck fedex
https://ibb.co/42Wk0kv

these plants shipped in same package.

Old 03-05-2022, 03:21 PM   #9
marker1
Quote:
she has broken bones i just realized. down her spine and possibly jaw. fuck fedex
https://ibb.co/42Wk0kv

these plants shipped in same package.
Damn that’s terrible. However I don’t think even shaking the box could cause the broken jaw. If it is broken or even the broken spine.

Old 03-05-2022, 05:00 PM   #10
toxicmoxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by marker1 View Post
Damn that’s terrible. However I don’t think even shaking the box could cause the broken jaw. If it is broken or even the broken spine.
u can hear the bone crack as she tries to move. i can feel it. it literally crack. the jaw is just what im speculating but i literally cannot force feed. she will not open her mouth. if u pry any harder im worried i will damage

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!