Abnormal poo (gross pic inside) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 01-22-2006, 07:57 PM   #1
A_Kendergirl
Abnormal poo (gross pic inside)

WTF is this?? Spot (my BP) crapped this out today, shortly after I got done with his daily treatment. Needless to say, it doesn't look right. Any clue as to what it is? I've got it bagged and ready to go to the vet tomorrow.

Currently he's being treated for mites daily, and he's also getting Amikacin shots every other day for pneumonia (three more to go). I haven't even had him 2 weeks yet! His temps are 83 ambient, 92-95 warm side...humidity is 55 - 60%.

I hope this isn't worms...yet another thing to treat for! Poor guy!

Any advise/ideas?

Old 01-22-2006, 10:53 PM   #2
PaulSage
Without putting it under the 'scope, it's hard to say. But you're medicating him, right? The medication alone could cause excrement to look like that. I wouldn't worry too much, but having a fecal done isn't a bad idea--especially if he was already sick when you got him.

**side note** I think Shanti deserves the "bp mommy of the year" award for putting so much time, money and effort into this lucky guy. How many other keepers of a hatchling normal would have expressed as much concern over an ill one? Seriously. Good job Shanti.

Old 01-23-2006, 09:32 AM   #3
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSage
Without putting it under the 'scope, it's hard to say. But you're medicating him, right? The medication alone could cause excrement to look like that. I wouldn't worry too much, but having a fecal done isn't a bad idea--especially if he was already sick when you got him.

**side note** I think Shanti deserves the "bp mommy of the year" award for putting so much time, money and effort into this lucky guy. How many other keepers of a hatchling normal would have expressed as much concern over an ill one? Seriously. Good job Shanti.
I'd be glad to second that nomination!!!

Old 01-23-2006, 07:45 PM   #4
A_Kendergirl
Awwww...shucks! Thanks guys. I'd do it for any of my animals! After all...it's not like they can do it themselves.

I just feel so off-balance right now, as I'm not sure exactly what normal is for a snake. That'll come with time.

Lord help me...I want another one already! BUT...I'm going to raise this guy for awhile to get a better feeling for 'em first.

Old 01-23-2006, 10:11 PM   #5
Cat_72
I warned ya.....heh heh heh......

But there's a lot worse addictions one can have. LOL.

Old 01-23-2006, 10:49 PM   #6
LakesideBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
I warned ya.....heh heh heh......

But there's a lot worse addictions one can have. LOL.
Aint it great to corrupt people in such a wonderful way?!

Next she'll want a Boa...

Old 01-24-2006, 12:05 AM   #7
A_Kendergirl
Nah...a bit big for me! lol....but that may change in a few years.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:46 AM   #8
LakesideBoas
Nicaraguans are dwarf Boas....

**waiting for Shanti's shoe to come flying through my front door straight towards my behind**

Old 01-24-2006, 09:23 AM   #9
Cat_72

I'm glad you said it and not me Maggie...LOL!!!

Old 01-26-2006, 08:15 PM   #10
A_Kendergirl
Aaarrrrrggggg!!!!!!!!!

I heard back from the vet today on the fecal for Spot. He's got pinworms AND roundworms!!!

So, I have to get his RI totally gone and get him eating again before I can treat him for those.

I really feel like flushing that pet shop!

(Sorry about the smileys....they make me feel better! LOL)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!