Help me figure out the box, and heat please! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:45 AM   #11
hhmoore
Michelle,
The size of the box (as long as it is big enough) isn't a major issue, except in regards to shipping cost. You will be adding filler to keep the snake from bouncing around any way, so the extra room point is moot. you just need enough space to prevent contact with the heat packs.
Devin - your initial post had absolutely no information to work with...I'm sorry if you think I was a hard ass, but believe me, I can get a lot worse. At least I know not to bother putting too much effort into replying to you in the future.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:56 AM   #12
hhmoore
btw, Devin,
Michelle had already referenced a site which provided good instruction on the basic how to's...there was no reason for me to reinvent the wheel.

Old 03-06-2007, 01:05 AM   #13
izzyandickus
lol well put mate

Old 03-06-2007, 12:34 PM   #14
Bella17
Well thank your for clarifying Hhmoore. I will pack accordingly then.

Thanks
Michelle

Old 03-06-2007, 01:22 PM   #15
hhmoore
Temps in the northeast are not suitable for shipping at this time - just so you are aware (though the last time I saw the forecast, it showed a decent warming by the end of the week). Even though cornsnakes are fairly temp tolerant, you will probably need to use at least two heat packs unless the warm up is significant - depending on box size and current temps. If at all possible, I would recommend arranging with the buyer to have him pick up the snake at the local Fedex (ideally the one they go to directly from the airport) to minimize the exposure and unnecessary truck time.

Old 03-10-2007, 09:55 PM   #16
Bella17
Alright, thank you very much HHmoore. I have ordered two heat packs, and was hoping to ship the beinging of the week( mon or tues), Which should be in the 50's. If the temps don't reach that, then I will wait tell we have a stable temp around the 50's.

Thanks again,

Michelle

Old 03-10-2007, 10:11 PM   #17
hhmoore
How big a box did you end up with Michelle? Temps look decent for shipping a corn this coming week, (remember, the overnight temps are more important than the daytime temps right now). Given that the lows will likely still be in the 20s, you will probably still want to use both packs unless it is a relatively tight fit.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!