Exposed to a rabies positive animal! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 02-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #11
rcarichter
Good luck to you. So sorry you have to go through that. I'm glad you're getting the shots though; you can't take any chances with rabies.

Noelle

Old 02-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #12
Riyeko
Sorry you have to go through this, but why dont you mention to the idiots at the health center that the last time you had this done, you were put into the hospital?
Cant they just send the request to the ER or something you go to the hospital, that way they can give you preventative meds?

Dealing with rabies is a very real thing to those in the animal care industry.
As an ACO myself, sometimes it freaks me out when we've got one of those dogs foaming at the mouth thats been brought in because they bit someone and broke skin.
Ugh.
I feel your pain.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #13
JordanAng420
Well, so far so good. The first day, I was at the health department for 5 hours!!! They did give me two injections beforehand, which I believe was an antihistamine and a steroid to lessen the possibility of a reaction. The first day I had the actual rabies vaccine itself, and the rabies immunoglobulin. Thankfully, I didn't have a severe reaction like I did last time. I WAS pretty spacey all day long, and at one point I was slurring my words. I felt like I had too much to drink. I also had a lot of hot flashes and I was extremely irritable all day long. I wasn't working that day, so I got to go home and sleep it off. Yesterday, I had to go back for the second shot in the series. I tolerated it a lot better than I thought I was going to. I have to go back on Friday, and then one more time after that.

I feel like the vaccines are messing with my head a little bit. I'm cranky after I get them, and they make me feel like crap. Can't wait for this to be over.

I hate people that let their un-vaccinated animals run loose outside.

I had a guy at work yesterday who told me he doesn't believe in vaccinating his animals. He has 4 cats that haven't had rabies vaccines since 2006 and they all roam the neighborhood, and they're all ferocious. I think he's been reported before, but no one ever follows through.

And here the media/government/general public is making this HUGE deal about the feral burmese pythons in the everglades...which I do admit is a problem... but that does not seem to be the problem that needs attention here. Lets take care of these damn feral, unvaccinated, rabid cats!

Old 02-08-2012, 12:57 AM   #14
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanAng420 View Post
And here the media/government/general public is making this HUGE deal about the feral burmese pythons in the everglades...which I do admit is a problem... but that does not seem to be the problem that needs attention here. Lets take care of these damn feral, unvaccinated, rabid cats!

Glad it's not too bad so far........

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!