Mastiff bites news anchor - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #11
rcarichter
I missed that, too. Beautiful animal.

Noelle

Old 02-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #12
AbsoluteApril
she admits that she messed up and the dog is back home.

http://gma.yahoo.com/denver-news-anc...-abc-news.html

.The Colorado news anchor who was bitten by a rescued dog live on the air told the Denver Post in her first interview that the first thought she had after the dog bit her was, "I'm bleeding, and it had to be on television."
Kyle Dyer, a veteran morning news anchor for NBC News' Denver affiliate KUSA, was reporting an uplifting story of a dog rescued from a frozen reservoir on Feb. 8.

When Dyer bent down to kiss the dog's nose, the 85-pound Argentine Mastiff named Max turned his head and bit into Dyer's face as his owner and rescuer watched in disbelief.

"It was a fluke, it happened," Dyer told the Denver Post. "It could have been so much worse. Not once was I afraid or scared. Yeah, it hurt, but having a baby hurt more."

Dyer received 70 stitches and had her mouth stitched shut so that she could heal. A plastic surgeon grafted skin from her lower lip to build her a new upper lip, the Denver Post reported.

"We all think we know how to pet a dog, but we don't. You know, I don't, obviously," Dyer said. "By the end of that interview, it was just a fluke. I didn't see anything that I felt threatened [by]. I didn't realize that I was threatening [the dog]. It just happened."

The on-camera bite became a viral sensation, circulated all over the world.

"My niece lives in Lithuania, and it was in the newspaper in her small town in Lithuania. Can you believe that?" Dyer asked incredulously.

Dyer has already undergone two surgeries and is having the remaining stitches taken out this week. In the summer, a doctor will decide whether she needs any more surgery.

She has received an outpouring of support from people everywhere, who have left messages on her Facebook page and sent her cards. Dyer has also gotten some negative messages from people blaming her for the dog's temporary detention.

"People get heated and protective over dogs," she said. "I never felt any ill toward Max."

"The dog went and did his time, as the city says, and I'm glad he's back with his family because that must have been a really hard 24 hours for that family to go through that, so I'm glad they've got their dog back," Dyer said. "It was just an accident."

Dyer said the negativity was a "shame" because, for her, the experience had been oddly positive, and she is looking forward to getting back to work.

"I just keep reading the letters and know that I'm going to heal," she said. "I don't know how quickly, but I will and I'll be better than ever."

Old 02-24-2012, 09:38 PM   #13
rcarichter
Wow. There aren't too many people like that in the world. Kudos to her for understanding the dog's behavior.

Noelle

Old 02-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #14
reptilebaby
Dang, I'm glad she didn't do what so many people do...BLAME THE DOG!

Old 03-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #15
SamanthaJane13
Given enough time, I'm sure she will be nominated for a Darwin Award...at least at the rate she's going.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!