I am SO upset right now! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:59 PM   #1
SPJ
I am SO upset right now!

I sold my ivory because of a cash flow problem figuring it would work out in the end and I would get an ivory in this latest clutch.
It didn't work out. I got a white deformed dead mess.
I am so upset over this. I did get the ivory but it's dead!
I didn't really want to have to sell him but other things took priority and now this happens!!!
So far this season I have bombed on the odds, had 2 deformed dead babies in the eggs and a premie that died right after coming out of the egg.
This season has sucked!

Old 08-20-2011, 12:11 AM   #2
radera5
That is terrible! I am sorry Steve.

What's done is done, if being pissed made them come back I would be mad as hell with you sir! You will be alright though...can't quit now!

Hope things start looking up for you! Good luck with all you do!
I will keep you in my odds gods prayer!
--Amanda

Old 08-20-2011, 12:55 AM   #3
hhmoore
If it's any consolation, Steve, I was on top of the odds.....3 eggs, cut, showing 2 lesser enchis and 1 that looked to be either a lesser or queen bee; 7eggs, slit by babies, with 4 awesome enchis; and 7 eggs that were 2 weeks from hatching that showed, by candling - 2 killer bees, 1 bee, 2 super pastels and two I couldn't really tell.....all of which died within a 36 hr period, before any of them made it out of the egg.
No idea what happened. There was no crazy temp spike, and no obvious reason for those babies to have died. I had two other, non BP clutches, in the incubator - they weren't as far along, but I'm thinking that those are probably dead, too.
My egg season went from awesome to absolute crap, basically overnight, without explanation.

Old 08-20-2011, 12:57 AM   #4
hhmoore
Oh, the other 2 eggs were a pastel and a spider - I ended up cutting the eggs when they were obviously dead. 7 eggs, no normals.

Old 08-20-2011, 08:35 PM   #5
SamanthaJane13
Damn, Steve!!

I'm so very sorry for your losses!!

I hear you, and feel your pain.

Three years ago, I had my first year breeding and selling my cresties.

Last summer, I lost every last baby to the horrendous heat.

Last winter, I lost 1/3 of my juvi/sub-adult/adult stock to a fungal infestation.

All I could do this year was try to replace some of my adults, and carry on.
If I gave up, all those geckos' lives had NO MEANING.

I loved them WAY MORE than that, and I'll never forget the ones who died!

I've lost a bunch of eggs this year, but mostly had a lot of duds, due to first-year breeding females.

BUT-on the UP-SIDE, I do have 17 hatchlings so far, and several more eggs incubating.

I guess the moral of my story is that beating yourself up helps NOTHING.

Have a good cry if you feel the need, then suck it up and put one foot in front of the other.

Give those lost little lives MEANING!!

You may be behind in your plans, but NOTHING is set in stone in the breeding world.

As long as YOU'RE still here, there will be more breeding seasons to do ivories!!

My condolences, hon!!

RIP, little ones!!!

Old 08-20-2011, 10:53 PM   #6
SPJ
2 more dead tonight.
I'm done. It's not fun anymore. Way too many losses this season.

Old 08-20-2011, 11:24 PM   #7
SamanthaJane13
Again-I'm so sorry, Steve!!

I hope this doesn't drive you out of the hobby!

RIP, little ones!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!