I need some help bad. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 09-11-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
LampropeltisCollector
I need some help bad.

My mom has practically given up on me. I'm a junior in high school, and I'm struggling in school. I've been going to tutoring, but I just can't seem keep up with the pace. All my classmates can do the work so fast, and get A's and I work slow, and I end up getting a C or a D. As we speak, I am studying my ass off. It's very hard to keep up with school, play sports, and take care of my snakes for my upcoming breeding season. I wanna talk to my mom about it, but she really doesnt want to hear it from me, and I can't really get my words together. What exactly should I say to her? I have a plan, just can't put it into words.
Your advice is important, thank you for taking time to read this
Jordan

Old 09-11-2011, 02:57 PM   #2
FosterHerpetological
What classes are you struggling on exactly?

Old 09-11-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
LampropeltisCollector
English Honors and Algebra 2.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:02 PM   #4
FosterHerpetological
I Algebra, there's nothing else you can do besides drill that stuff inside your head.

With English, have you every thought about bumping down to the regular English? When I was in High School, I took honors, and the only difference from that and the regular class was the honors gives more homework and moves way quicker.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #5
hhmoore
If you are doing poorly in school, I can understand your mother's frustration. I'm not going to downplay the importance of other interests (sports, and reptiles, for example); however, school should be a priority....and if you are struggling, you really need to consider whether you are overextending yourself.
Some people are just not "A students"; but when I was in school, acceptable grades had to be maintained by any student participating in the sports programs. It was that simple.
Also, if you are struggling to keep your grades, do sports, and take care of your animals; breeding should probably be put on a back burner until things are more settled for you. It doesn't sound like adding a bunch of babies is your best interest right now.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:36 PM   #6
LampropeltisCollector
That's the thing, ive only been able to get to them before i go to bed. i got 12 southern hognose eggs incubating and those are going to be a pain when those hatch out

Old 09-11-2011, 03:46 PM   #7
hhmoore
Acknowledging that, perhaps you shouldn't have bred them....and it would probably be considered common sense to not add to the pain by doing more pairings this coming season (since your original post indicated you were getting ready for breeding season).

Best of luck with your animals, and your studies.

Old 09-11-2011, 04:04 PM   #8
JordanAng420
I agree with Stephen's idea of considering switching to a regular english class. English is a TOUGH class, especially if you have a tough teacher.

I also agree with Harald about the breeding...I think it was pretty irresponsible to breed your southern hognose snakes, knowing that there's so much other stuff that takes up most of your time.

Old 09-11-2011, 04:52 PM   #9
LampropeltisCollector
Thank you all, I will be working out a new schedule so that everything can work out. School will be put first. I dont know how to close or delete this thread, but thank you all who responded. And actually the eggs came from a wc gravid female, but thank you all

Old 09-11-2011, 05:12 PM   #10
JordanAng420
My apologies then, I stand corrected. Good luck with your studies, and eggs.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!