For Sale U.S CBB Dendrobates tinctorius Tumucumaque - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Amphibians

Notices

Old 10-02-2023, 07:07 PM   #1
DerekG4
U.S CBB Dendrobates tinctorius Tumucumaque

U.S. CBB Peacock Dyeing Dart Frogs (Dendrobates tinctorius Tumucumaque).

These frogs are a very unique morph of D. Tinctorius not commonly found in the US. They will get a lot of different tones of blue with black spots and their distinctive yellow on their nose, eyebrows, elbows, and knees. These froglets hatched and morphed here in my facility from a personal breeding pair which came from a CBB stock that was imported from Europe.

I currently have 4 froglets available at $200 each plus shipping. Local pickup in Miami/Hialeah FL also allowed.

For more info about them or their parents, please message me either here through Fauna, @Granexotics on Instagram, or text me at (305) 970-4913
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 10-02-2023, 10:06 PM   #2
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekG4 View Post
that were legally imported from Europe.
Well, laundered into "legality". All specimens of this morph that are now outside Brazil are or are descended from animals smuggled out of Tumucumaque Mountains National Park; the morph was discovered about 2004, two years after the park was established. CITES doesn't distinguish morphs, so these get through the cracks.

Usually they get through the cracks, anyway -- here's a case where a similar situation (CITES permitted CB animals from Europe) got remedied: https://medium.com/usfws/rare-splash...l-f280bc469303

As in the galactonotus case, they're still illegal under Lacey because of the smuggling. This is all just info for potential buyers, who I assume you want to have all the relevant info since I assume you're a reputable seller.

Old 10-03-2023, 09:19 PM   #3
DerekG4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
Usually they get through the cracks, anyway -- here's a case where a similar situation (CITES permitted CB animals from Europe) got remedied: https://medium.com/usfws/rare-splash...l-f280bc469303
While it is true that even though those had a CITES permit, USFWS had intercepted the import, confiscated the Adelphobates, and then exported back to Brazil. The particular pair that I have bred (including another 21 that the distributor I originally bought them from received) were also investigated and were cleared by USFWS. They arrived as Dendrobates tinctorius “Yellow Blue” Tumucumaque”, not just simply Dendrobates tinctorius.

Quote:
As in the galactonotus case, they're still illegal under Lacey because of the smuggling. This is all just info for potential buyers, who I assume you want to have all the relevant info since I assume you're a reputable seller.
I’m not sure if you happen to be familiar with tarantulas, but have you heard about the Brazilian Jeweled Tarantula (Typhochlaena seladonia)? That species had the nearly the same exact predicament where a beautiful Brazilian species was smuggled as there are no known legal exports of this and brought over to several countries, including many places in Europe, and is also included in the Lacey act. Many breeders bred this species in Europe and also (most) legally exported them to the U.S., where many hobbyists and reputable breeders here also begun to breed them. While they’re still technically illegal here in the U.S. (as is apparently the same case as the Tumucumaque), many people already have this species in the U.S. from CB & CBB lines that are quite far from the original smuggled line. On top of that, USFWS isn’t confiscating either species according to fellow breeders as there’s so many of both already here in the U.S. that it would be near impossible to confiscate them all. I also heard they’re going to ban imports of those species (among many others) while making a policy to grandfather in those specimens that are already here. My main point in all of this is regardless of their status being originally smuggled, since they’re already breeding and well established here it’s our duty as breeders to make sure this species thrives in our car by creating lineages of captive bred & born specimen to prevent people from further smuggling them into the U.S. I’m sure many would agree that’s the best course of action instead of having to confiscate all the hundreds (if not thousands) of specimens and export all those CB back to Brazil, or more likely they would simply euthanize them all.
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-07-2024, 06:28 PM   #4
DerekG4
*Bump

Have about 8 babies currently all doing well on Melanogaster flies.
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-09-2024, 03:52 PM   #5
Socratic Monologue
Just to confirm to potential buyers, you've realized that these claims from the person who sold your stock to you are false, correct?

"a personal breeding pair which came from a CBB stock that was legally imported from Europe. "

"The particular pair that I have bred (including another 21 that the distributor I originally bought them from received) were also investigated and were cleared by USFWS. They arrived as Dendrobates tinctorius “Yellow Blue” Tumucumaque”, not just simply Dendrobates tinctorius. "

Old 03-09-2024, 04:55 PM   #6
DerekG4
Quote:
Just to confirm to potential buyers, you've realized that these claims from the person who sold your stock to you are false, correct?

"a personal breeding pair which came from a CBB stock that was legally imported from Europe. "

"The particular pair that I have bred (including another 21 that the distributor I originally bought them from received) were also investigated and were cleared by USFWS. They arrived as Dendrobates tinctorius “Yellow Blue” Tumucumaque”, not just simply Dendrobates tinctorius. "
The only claim that I was unfortunately unable to prove was I could not get any of the original documentation of the shipment my personal pair (along with another 20) came in. Do keep in mind I purchased my personal pair from Frogs Direct over 4 years ago and I’m not entirely surprised that the importer he wholesaled them from no longer has any documentation because it’s been so long. I never asked for them to begin with because I trusted the seller and had no reason to be wary. The offspring are indeed CBB as the parents are also CBB. They were originally imported from Europe as there’s tons of CBB Tumucumaque in Europe, unlike in the U.S where they’re only starting to come into the hobby by the thousands now with many breeders being successful with them. Regardless if the original progeny were smuggled, there’s hundreds, potentially way more of them here now in the U.S alone and us as breeders have a duty to keep them flourishing in the hobby as to prevent any (although highly unlikely) smuggling of this species in the future.
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-09-2024, 05:43 PM   #7
Socratic Monologue
"I trusted the seller and had no reason to be wary"

https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...er.php?u=64661

There's abundant reason to be wary.

Old 03-09-2024, 06:32 PM   #8
DerekG4
To be fair, I purchased them from him on MorphMarket and he had good reviews there and otherwise helped me out a lot with my pair. I’m honestly very surprised his reviews are that bad on here, seemed like a decent guy to me (which is why I bought from him).

In the end, regardless of Mike’s reputation, the pair I personally bought are still clearly CBB. They were (and still are) completely healthy and I have never had an issue with them. Almost every breeder currently in the U.S has this locale as CBB.
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-09-2024, 07:19 PM   #9
Socratic Monologue
You've mentioned "CBB" nine times in this thread, and seem to think it makes a difference but it does not. Perhaps take a look at the link I shared in this post to see why these are illegal in the US, and why people shouldn't buy them, and why people shouldn't sell them.

https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...d.php?t=828654

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
dart frogs, dendrobates tinctorius, poison dart frogs, tumucumaque