Any Updateds On Fed-ex - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 11-24-2006, 05:39 PM   #1
xtreme serpents
Question Any Updateds On Fed-ex

I Have A Older Thread For Getting Started With Fedex (shipping) Have They Relaxed Any Or Are They Still Not Quote Not Shipping Reptiles Unless You Are A Zoo Any New Updates For This.

Old 11-24-2006, 08:30 PM   #2
hhmoore
I'm not sure what thread you are looking at, but there have been several in the past 2 years that discussed the ins and outs of getting the needed waiver. (no, you don't have to be a zoo)

Old 11-25-2006, 12:29 AM   #3
xtreme serpents
Ok Thanks Do You Get The Waiver From A Rep. Or The Legal Department Of Fedex

Old 11-25-2006, 01:39 AM   #4
hhmoore
tell your rep you want the reptile shipping waiver - when you get the application, do as instructed

Old 11-26-2006, 09:27 PM   #5
SPJ
And hope one of the drivers along the delivery route is not afraid of snakes.

Old 11-28-2006, 04:13 PM   #6
Fantasy Boas
I just got my waiver through fedex. It was super easy once I got my rep on the phone.
The most difficult part was getting ahold of the rep. For some reason they are extremely protective of that information.

Just call your rep and tell them you are needing the waiver to ship reptiles. Mine knew exactly what I was talking about and had it to me within 2 weeks. Then I just shipped the box off for testing. Once you get that back you send the paperwork back to the rep with all the info and he will set you up and walk you through everything.

One thing I didn't get that was mentioned on the other forums was the account number to charge for sending my box for testing. I ended up paying to ship it myself.

Old 11-28-2006, 10:45 PM   #7
xtreme serpents
Wink

Thanks For The Good Info It Has Been Put To Use.

Old 11-29-2006, 07:47 PM   #8
juggalo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Boas
I just got my waiver through fedex. It was super easy once I got my rep on the phone.
The most difficult part was getting ahold of the rep. For some reason they are extremely protective of that information.

Just call your rep and tell them you are needing the waiver to ship reptiles. Mine knew exactly what I was talking about and had it to me within 2 weeks. Then I just shipped the box off for testing. Once you get that back you send the paperwork back to the rep with all the info and he will set you up and walk you through everything.

One thing I didn't get that was mentioned on the other forums was the account number to charge for sending my box for testing. I ended up paying to ship it myself.

i am on the phone with a rep and she has no clue what i am talking about and says fedex does not ship reptiles i know they do. can you post the number that you called or pm me if you would like this lady is saying it will not happen period so your help would be great.

Old 11-29-2006, 07:58 PM   #9
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalo
i am on the phone with a rep and she has no clue what i am talking about and says fedex does not ship reptiles i know they do. can you post the number that you called or pm me if you would like this lady is saying it will not happen period so your help would be great.
Have your rep contact the legal department, and speak with James Brown.

Old 11-29-2006, 09:29 PM   #10
juggalo
thanks for the advice i had already hung up on the lady she was very antisnake from the get go so she was no help at all. we called a friend in the buisness and he is going to contact his rep and have them call me so that i can do this kind of quick i want to have it done ahead of time i wont need it till next season but i would like to have all my ducks in a row. thank you for trying to help.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!