HEAT PANELS - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 11-29-2020, 09:23 PM   #1
JimM
HEAT PANELS

For about 15 yers or so I've used heat panels from Reptile Basics along with Herpstat thermostats. I must have around 20 panels paired with those thermostats. Loved them, never had a problem so I continued to use nothing but RB panels.

Apparently that has to change now since Reptile Basics has either sold to other owners or having other problems as they have not had heat panels in stock for months.

I've remodeled some cages and was planning to move some snakes into the new cages in the fall ... but that plan is now fallen way behind because of the heat panels being unavailable.

Can anyone refer me to another reputable supplier / manufacturer of radiant heat panels they've used and trusted .... and are currently available ?

These panels have me spoiled rotten so returning to bulbs isn't an option

Thanks

Old 11-29-2020, 10:29 PM   #2
Socratic Monologue
I have a handful of RB panels, and I got a Pro Heat panel about a year and a half ago to try it -- I like it. Works well, no problems. I will likely buy another if I set up more caging. After using RB thermostats for a few years, I was...uh...not exactly brand-loyal, so the switch was easy.

Cons: They are white in color; to order, you need to contact Bob and tell him cage size and temps needed, and he recommends a size (PITA); they are slightly more expensive than RB (75w 12 x 18 was $105 + $17 shipping last year).

Pros: they are made in US; they are in stock.

http://pro-products.com/pro-heat/

Old 11-30-2020, 11:18 AM   #3
Tim Cole
Thumbs up

Eric Erb sells them also.

His contact info is (440) 574-9303 & reptiletubs@hotmail.com.

We have been buying from him for many years with no problems.

Old 11-30-2020, 11:34 AM   #4
JimM
The very first panels I looked at were Bob's and the problem was that he asked more information from you than if you were trying to adopt a child. I ended up finding RB and bought from them for the last 20 years without a problem until now. Did they sell the business ??

Never used RB's thermostats , always went with Herpstat and love them.

Thanks for the info ... I'll contact Eric and see what he has.

Thanks again

Old 01-09-2021, 10:36 PM   #5
Randall Turner
I know this is a little bit older, and you likely ordered your panels from Eric (good source, I've ordered from him in the past as well). If you do decide to try Pro Products again, the questions are worth answering since they have so many panels of varying sizes and heat output.

Old 09-17-2021, 04:33 PM   #6
sbower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Turner View Post
I know this is a little bit older, and you likely ordered your panels from Eric (good source, I've ordered from him in the past as well). If you do decide to try Pro Products again, the questions are worth answering since they have so many panels of varying sizes and heat output.
I have to agree. I answered the couple of questions that Bob had about my cages and got some awesome panels from him.

Old 10-28-2022, 12:14 PM   #7
sgtstinky
I use and like Pro Heat, would use them again, never had one issue with their products. I have Reptile Basics and they are good too, although the power cord can be unplugged at the panel and my retics will obsess with unplugging the panel once they know they can unplug.