A letter from a friend - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 06-29-2005, 12:44 PM   #1
dragonflyreptiles
A letter from a friend

I contacted Lucille and asked her to come back on fauna since we all have differences from time to time and she asked me to post this for her:

Do me a fave and cut and paste this into a post somewhere:

Wendy,

I love to write, and I have spent all kinds of time writing posts and polls to interest and delight the folks on Fauna. It was all I had to give back to the community, since I like reptiles but I am not a reptile expert.
I remember would sit down with my coffee in the morning, giving some thought to some new poll, and before you knew it, an hour had passed; then I would write my poll and later that day, I would feel good when I would see that others had responded and enjoyed my efforts.

Here lately though, I have not been writing as much because a few people have constantly denigrated my efforts. Their motive, to me, is unclear.
The last straw was getting negative rep points from someone for a time zone post; it is clear to me that anyone making that kind of issue does not really have a problem with post content but is just trying to say something hurtful. I began doubting myself, and my writing.

Then, I was notified that I had won a small writing scholarship, and received some positive comments for an article I had written for a small newspaper. Those experiences validated that my efforts are appreciated by some, and that I should continue to write.
I have pondered what I have to offer: honesty, friendship, and my writing. I don't offer perfection, but wisdom gathered from life tells me that few have that to offer to others.

I suppose that if one is looking for perfect display roses, one might bypass the stray wildflower on the side of the road; certainly people pick who and what they want in life. I guess I'm just a wildflower, but it's what I am, and it's all I have to offer.

Take care,
Lucille

Old 06-29-2005, 01:52 PM   #2
Lucille
Thanks Wendy.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!