Fedex problem - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
KKtheRipper
Fedex problem

So basically I did all the steps to become Fedex certified to ship out reptiles. Long story short, my representative gave me an account number to send a free test package and an address to the fedex kinkos that ship out reptiles. When I got there, they said that they do not ship reptiles and I told them that my rep told me that they do. So, I called today to ask what happend and they said I need to go to a hub. I found my nearest hub to ship out reptiles and now there giving me shit saying that I can ship out non-venomous reptiles through them but only business to business, not business to client. I think thats complete bull crap because people from businesses send reptiles to clients all the time. What is going on? I live in Queens, Ny so could it be the area regulations? Someone please help me on this because I want to be able to ship reptiles, thank you.

p.s I also have another address thats in long island, ny. Would that make a difference? Thanks.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
AbsoluteApril
Yes you can only ship business to business, that is written in the contact you make with fedex to get approval to ship reptiles. You can have it held at a fedex location if your customer needs to pick up and can't get it shipped to their work.

(watch the profanity)

Old 05-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #3
KKtheRipper
I understand. Sorry about the cursing. But how can people ship reptiles to other people without them being a business. I know it's possible because I know businesses that do it. Thanks.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #4
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKtheRipper View Post
I understand. Sorry about the cursing. But how can people ship reptiles to other people without them being a business. I know it's possible because I know businesses that do it. Thanks.

Because a lot of hobbyist are a "business" as well. It will go without any problems. I have never had a package denied to a residence.

Example-

Mr. Smith purchased a snake. Send the package to Smith's Reptiles.

Yes, technically it is Business to Business with certification. I've only heard one person complain that they had trouble with this in years. That was because he made a big deal out of the clause in the certification. He was told he couldn't even ship to a residential zoned area.

Send to a hub or send to an address. It's not like you are going to know that every address is a legit business. People are just happy there is a legit way to ship and that "technicality" really hasn't been a issue. Unless you make it one.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #5
KKtheRipper
Okay I see what you mean. So I can't get in trouble as long as I put a "fake" business name for the client? And I can have that fedex pick it up from my house with no problems right? Sorry I'm asking so many questions, It's just that I'm new to this and I don't know what to do. Thanks

Old 05-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #6
Dennis Hultman
But I didn't tell you that...

Old 05-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #7
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKtheRipper View Post
Okay I see what you mean. So I can't get in trouble as long as I put a "fake" business name for the client? And I can have that fedex pick it up from my house with no problems right? Sorry I'm asking so many questions, It's just that I'm new to this and I don't know what to do. Thanks
I send to peoples real name and address. If not given a business name, I don't put one. I was just giving you a example. Most hobbyist have some sort of business as well. I'm just telling you if you make a big deal about it or ask you're going to be told you can't ship to residences.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:02 PM   #8
KKtheRipper
Okay I see, thank you!

Old 05-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #9
FireStorm
Also, just FYI, Ship Your Reptiles has a waiver that allows for residential delivery if you ship through them. So, some people get around the rule that way.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #10
BuyDubiaRoaches
Kristina,
I too just got done with 6mo of trying and became cerit with fed ex to find out Hold at locations is not avail for live perishable. only at world center. and in my contract is stated that only to a person work is ok because it is a business address.. HA HA Jace buydubiaroaches.com/ azmorphs.com
mis informed as i was told by the higher ups at fed ex. from my sale rep.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!