Dear DNR God... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2005, 05:42 PM   #1
PaulSage
Dear DNR God...

Here's a letter to the editor my mom wrote re: the DNR's incompetence and neglect that resulted in a massive fire at a tire recycling facility near her farm. I had posted info about the fire shortly after it happened here .

Anyway, here's the letter. I thought some of you might identify with her frustration-induced humor.

Quote:
What I want to know is, “Who died and made the DNR God?”
Not a God most of us would worship, mind you, but a force to be reckoned with, none the less. Our country is based upon the notion that our government is of the people, by the people and for the people. Just who was the DNR level of our government for when they allowed a situation to develop that led to a 3rd fire at the Watertown Tire Recycler LLC? Keep in mind that the DNR never once cited Watertown Tire Recycler for noncompliance. Who amongst us benefited from the blaze that was seen by NASA satellites?

The DOJ indicates that in order for the DOJ to bring any enforcement action for violations of state environmental laws, they need a request from the DNR and a referral package that describes the evidence in support of a prosecution.

Let us pray: Dear DNR God, please look compassionately upon your humble servants, those of us who suffered toxic inhalation, endured risk of evacuation, and feared for the lives of our neighbors, animals and the environment. We humbly beseech You to look kindly upon the public You serve and bestow upon us Your mercy. This, given the fact that we can’t vote You out of office, since You hold the almighty non-elected positions which are paid for by us, the lowly taxpayers.

To join the congregation of citizens who share their missives upon the DNR, please call the Governor’s Office (Monday – Friday, 8-5) at 608 266-1212. State your name (bless you) and address and speak slowly:

“I am calling to ask the Governor’s Office to put PRESSURE ON THE DNR to do the following in regards to the Watertown Tire Recycler:
1. Make a request to the DOJ to bring enforcement action for violations of state environmental laws and
2. Supply the DOJ with a referral package that describes the evidence in support of prosecution.”

Amen.
***If you live in Wisconsin, and care about the environment and where your tax dollars are going, PLEASE stop by the website we made, download a petition, have your family & friends sign it and send it in. Unfortunately, only the signatures of WI residents will be recognized because of political bs. I would GREATLY appreciate any support that anyone can contribute.

Thank you.
Paul