BioShield: "protect your pets and reptiles from virus and bacteria" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:54 PM   #1
TripleMoonsExotic
BioShield: "protect your pets and reptiles from virus and bacteria"

Found this advertised on another forum and was a little surprised at the claims of the product. I don't know about anyone else, but I think it's all a bunch of doo-doo. Yeah, I could believe bacteria...Bleach kills bacteria (though how would it prevent it...your hands are swimming with bacteria...), but viruses? Come on...
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2008, 12:03 AM   #2
Messorius
I use hospital grade cleaners at work that kill pretty much everything, but they have to be WET to do it. And they sure as heck wouldn't last for three months; just until I messy up my work surface again. I do have a foam product that basically shields skin from chemicals and nasties, but that has to be reapplied every hour or so and doesn't kill squat.

If it does stay around for that long actively eliminating things, I don't know if I'd actually want it near my pets or my food, I'll stick with good old regular scrubbing.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:25 AM   #3
blueapplepaste
The virus part is not too far stretched, but I agree with Amber, 90 days of disinfection is a little stretched.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:52 PM   #4
promist
Bioshield effectiveness

Actually Bioshield can last many years on any surface. It works mechanically, not chemically, will not migrate off of the surface once applied and it will continue to kill any bacteria (including those that cause odors), mold, mildew, any fungus, algae and yeast. It has also been clinically proven to kill several viruses and as continued testing is done, more will be added to the list. It is totally non-toxic after applied and will even work underwater. It has been clinically proven to kill many dangerous microbes including salmonella, mursa & sars. It has been approved by the USDA for direct food contact surfaces and can be used on cutting boards, countertops, food containers and so forth. It will stop mold and mildew in bathrooms, outdoor furniture, snake bags and any other treated surface.

Bioshield's nano & green technology will become much more widely known in the near future in just about every industry as it provides long term, non-toxic protection never before possible, reduces overall costs to maintain more sanitary conditions and stop the spread and cross contamination of many dangerous microbes.

Bob Pound / Pro Products

Old 12-08-2008, 03:49 PM   #5
jaw1254
Go to http://candwinnovations.com/. These guys are selling to colleges and universities for athletics, schools, hospitals, and nursing homes.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:48 PM   #6
Morphie
lol @ "mursa"

i kinda wanna test the stuff - put some icky things in a container, let it sit, rinse out solids, let it dry, swab the container and put it on a petri dish and see how well it works.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:05 PM   #7
deborahbroadus
Well, I brought a couple of cans. I was initally going to use it on all the tubs, but after speaking with Harald and his reminding me of the "glass bubble effect," I put it on half the tubs including the hatchling tubs (but I am going to get more hatchling racks so all of them won't be done).

I'll be able to see if there is any recognizable difference in the mold growth at least. I do not think I am a good test subject for other germs and viruses, because I haven't yet had even a case of R.I.

However, I will be able to know if odors are reduced and mold is cut down.

I have almost decided to use it on all the Rat tubs (need to re-read the warnings)...this chemical should be more effective there since I don't mind if they do live in a "glass bubble" since they won't be leaving their environment (at least not alive), and keeping them perfectly healthy is the prime directive.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:15 PM   #8
hhmoore
My comment was simply that I don't necessarily see the need to go for totally sterile environments....and, that if animals are raised in largely microbe-free conditions, what would happen if they are eventually sold and had to deal with those organisms again? Would their resistance to even the common stuff be reduced? Would their immune response be as capable of protecting them?
Unfortunately, I didn't make it to the last White Plains show to talk to Bob - I was looking forward to it. I think the product has great potential for benefit in many situations: my personal interest in it is largely limited to my quarantine area & for water bowls.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:15 PM   #9
hhmoore
Oh...what's funny about MRSA?

Old 12-08-2008, 11:14 PM   #10
Diego Velarde
Deb, one of the things I would use it for sure (if I was a breeder) will be to spray it all over my table (at a show) and containers. Not too long ago I was talking to one of my local breeder at a show, when a kid show up next to us holding a medium size boa that was drooling all over the table (freaking scary). You never know what other people's snake might have or what could be floating in the air.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!