An expansion of the BOI theme...... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-04-2005, 08:07 PM   #1
WebSlave
Arrow An expansion of the BOI theme......

I'm opening the door a little wider on this new site I am setting up. Still need some finishing touches, but I figure the more input I get on this the better off it will be for the initial launch.

http://www.BoardOfInquiry.com

There is a feedback forum on that site which can be used for discussions about the site itself. Anyone who might be interested is welcome to check it out and even start using it if you feel you have something that would be appropriate posted there.

Please let me know what you think. As mentioned, I am still working on some finer details and changing things as needed.

Thanks.

Old 11-04-2005, 08:49 PM   #2
critical bill
Very nice. On the introduction thread you need to correct a typo. You wrote "fighting change" when I'm assuming you meant "fighting chance".

Its not everyday I get to correct the boss so....Whooorah!

Old 11-04-2005, 10:19 PM   #3
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
Very nice. On the introduction thread you need to correct a typo. You wrote "fighting change" when I'm assuming you meant "fighting chance".

Its not everyday I get to correct the boss so....Whooorah!

Fixed! Thanks for pointing that out.......

Old 11-05-2005, 12:09 AM   #4
The BoidSmith
Looks very good Rich.

Regards.

Old 11-05-2005, 08:40 PM   #5
crotalusadamanteus
Sweet! I really like the layout, and color themes.
Just curious...........Why a second BOI?

Ciao,
Rick

Old 11-05-2005, 09:45 PM   #6
dragonflyreptiles
Rich, not to be the downer but what are you thinking?

At first I looked and thought this is great, what is it missing, what would I want to be there, Then I thought a one for all site for a real BOI, but how many headaches do you really want?

It looks likes a great site but the spillover from here is good and bad, good in registrations and bad as in, oh we can do this and say this, too much for me too think about.

You are having enough problems with a reptile site and the uncontrollable members which is only a 5,000,000 industry, think at as if you are taking on the world.....?

Old 11-05-2005, 10:05 PM   #7
sschind
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus
Sweet! I really like the layout, and color themes.
Just curious...........Why a second BOI?

Ciao,
Rick

Because, in the past if Joe Blow ripped you off on Ebay over a comic book you had no place to go and say anything about (besides the ebay feedback) Now you have a forum to vent your displeasure.

All I can add is that you must be a glutton for punishment Rich

that and thanks a lot, It's not like i spend too much time online anyway

Steve Schindler

Old 11-05-2005, 11:07 PM   #8
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyreptiles
Rich, not to be the downer but what are you thinking?

At first I looked and thought this is great, what is it missing, what would I want to be there, Then I thought a one for all site for a real BOI, but how many headaches do you really want?

It looks likes a great site but the spillover from here is good and bad, good in registrations and bad as in, oh we can do this and say this, too much for me too think about.

You are having enough problems with a reptile site and the uncontrollable members which is only a 5,000,000 industry, think at as if you are taking on the world.....?
Because I can.

Because I am tired of getting ripped off by other businesses all across the spectrum. Because the problems I see with ripoff artists and scams is not isolated to the herptile industry. It is everywhere. Because I have said to myself MANY times that I wish I had a BOI for other aspects of business where it appears that bad guys can get away with crap with no real recourse.

Quite frankly, I'm tired of getting burned. And some of you may recall that the BOI on this site (which actually was born on my HerpWantAds.com site) was set up by me when someone had pissed me off enough by passing bad checks to be that I decided to do something about it. This is really no different at all, in my opinion. I am just REALLY pissed off about the way MANY businesses believe that can do what they want, with no real recourse available to anyone they burn.

Will the new BoardOfInquiry.com site make a difference? Who knows? I certainly never expected the BOI on this site to make a dent at all, but look what happened. Sure the BOI was a real pain in the butt from the start, but all in all, I think the efforts expended have been justified by the results so far. And I can only hope that an expanded version of the Board of Inquiry will help at least a little bit outside of that small world the original BOI resides in.

But one difference is going to be that I have learned from my mistakes on this site. The garbage that almost overwhelmed the BOI just will not be allowed to get a toehold there. I don't have a warning system hack for that site yet, but I will be very quick to issue temporary bans to anyone who goes off the deep end until such a system can be put in place. I am not going to be anywhere NEAR as lenient as I was on this site's BOI as it was going through the growing pains. And as soon as I see substantial traffic beginning to build, I will be asking some people to lend a hand as moderators to keep things strictly in order. And their marching orders will be to hold the line religiously against the same stuff that threatened the BOI.

One thing I feel I cannot implement right off the bat will be the requirement for paid members to post there. Quite simply, I just don't think it will fly. And I just don't think it is fair to ask anyone to pay for something that has no track record to go by to see if it is worth the minimal fee to utilize. But as in the case here, and although I wish it were otherwise, I have little doubt that it will become necessary eventually to implement such a system there.

Yeah, glutton for punishment, no doubt. But in reality all I want to do is to give tit for tat for those businesses (and others that I just haven't run into yet) that are really pissing me off with the manner in which they do business. If even just one bad guy business feels the sting from being exposed by the information on that site, then I will feel justified in the headaches I will undoubtedly have to go through with it to make that happen.

Old 11-05-2005, 11:25 PM   #9
dragonflyreptiles
Rich, Ill tell you , I have the utmost respect for you and what you want to do, I think you are the one, then one in a million that will honestly take a stand and do something about what you feel is wrong.

I also think that you are a glutten for punishment and I hope it is all worth it in the end.

Remember you could be basking on that beach lol

Old 11-05-2005, 11:32 PM   #10
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyreptiles
Remember you could be basking on that beach lol
I've tried that. But you know what? While I am laying there, it eats at me when I think about the last incident I had of someone screwing me on some deal. Doesn't matter what kind of merchandise was involved. It's all the same feeling.

So am I doing this to be vindictive and petty? Maybe the vindictive part, but petty? Petty insinuates a *little* thing, and this is not so little. There are businesses that continue to exist simply because the market they reach is so big that there isn't a chance that word about them can get out far enough and fast enough to impact them. At least not yet........

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!