Disappointed with Big Cheese rodents? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 03-28-2022, 09:32 PM   #1
allreptiles1966
Disappointed with Big Cheese rodents?

For years I used rodent pro and not 1 issue. I stopped buying when they had that outbreak of something and bred my own for 2 years. I also used JPC boas since he was a few hrs away. Both places were good.
I recently bought 50 fuzzy hoppers from Big Cheese. Totally disappointed when I took out my first hopper to thaw for a baby boa. It weighed 4.1 grams and should have been 7 grams min I believe. Next week I took another out and once again, way light at 5.3 grams. I decided to take out all and weigh individually. 30 were underweight. Several at 6.5 grams and I would not complain to them. But I found 3.9 gram ones and many between 4-5 grams.
Is this common to sell so many underweight rodents? Out of 50, only a few were actually over 9 grams. Hoppers from them are 7-12 grams I believe.

I did up send pics on a scale and a count of underweights. They said they will send me more when I reorder and not sure I will buy from them again.
Trust is earned, not given. And so many underweights shows workers are not too worried. You can tell the difference between a 4 gram and a 7 gram pretty easily.
So why so many under!

Disappointed with big cheese.

Old 03-29-2022, 07:20 AM   #2
chrisis697
Hey Rich that does suck that they can't hit a average weight of what u wanted. I feel most of the older rodent outfits just don't care anymore cause there is such a boom with new buyers. In the last 10yrs I've tried many different outfits & with very little success. Most recent was cold Blooded Cafe. Last batch I got from them had a rotten smell like they sat to long before being put in the freezer. When I contacted thm & told them my disappointment they offered me $5 credit towards next purchase. WTF! my order was close to $500 & tht was not the first time I ordered. They said thts all they can offer with the influx of orders. Not a great business model. Curious If it would have been different if forest was still arnd. Either way it sucks. Now I completely breed my own & sell.
I'm in pa. If ur interested send me a message.
Have a good one
Chris
B and S Reptilia

Old 09-22-2022, 09:18 AM   #3
gottabsleeved
I been done with BC for years,used to have to call to order,guy was smart a$$ and talked to you like your bothering him...Then i talked to a guy that has been in his place,guy said it wasnt good,alot rats had big tumors hanging off them.This was 10 years ago.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!