BIIIIIIG boy! 1,200 gram corn... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-04-2010, 02:03 AM   #1
AK907
Talking BIIIIIIG boy! 1,200 gram corn...

Yup, thats a corn in there. 1,219 grams! This is my het amel male. I knew he was a big boy, but dang! I didn't know he was that big. He isn't overweight either. I haven't been able to get an accurate measurement on him as far as length because we all know what a pain that can be. I'm 5'10" and he has several inches on me holding him up. No real point to this thread, just a little bragging is all.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:27 AM   #2
D. Mong
That IS a big guy!!......

Put a heavy book directly up against the baseboard on your floor, then gently lower the snake to the floor where it meets the wall,..... the snake will usually crawl straight against the wall and the floor. When it's nose just gets to the book, make a pencil mark where the tip of the tail is at precisely the moment his snout touches the book, then you can measure that distance from the book to the pencil mark with a tape for an accurate measurement.

~Doug

Old 10-15-2010, 12:32 AM   #3
scarnicom
That's pretty smart Doug. I'll have to use that with my bigger animals.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #4
D. Mong
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarnicom View Post
That's pretty smart Doug. I'll have to use that with my bigger animals.
Thanks!,......

Yeah, it really works great this way, and I have gotten VERY accurate measurements for some big seven plus foot Boa constrictors this way too. They just very casually crawled nice and straight out without a single kink on the porch against the screened -in frame and the concrete floor.

~Doug

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!