What is the most expensive ball python morph? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-21-2005, 12:06 PM   #1
jon4534
Arrow What is the most expensive ball python morph?

And if I was to invest in them, could I expect to sell them for that price?

Old 01-21-2005, 12:18 PM   #2
jlexotics
Well...

Forgot who sold it but a Lecuy was solk for 80k. I believe morph king was offered something like 115k but refused! Their prices will drop steadily (not like spiders) but quickly. There are so many combo's that produce them they won't stay hot for that long. People want morphs they can combine. A leucy is the end of the line.

Old 01-21-2005, 12:27 PM   #3
Intense Herpetoculture
You forgot that an albino lucy would be cool! Not to mention because all the lucys seems to be co dom the possibilities there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlexotics
Forgot who sold it but a Lecuy was solk for 80k. I believe morph king was offered something like 115k but refused! Their prices will drop steadily (not like spiders) but quickly. There are so many combo's that produce them they won't stay hot for that long. People want morphs they can combine. A leucy is the end of the line.

Old 01-21-2005, 12:49 PM   #4
jon4534
I plan on investing in ball python morphs but I'm affraid that I won't be able to sell them. I just want to know if I'm going to be able to sell a 5,000, 10,000, 20,000 dollar snake. If so, that would be great.

Old 01-21-2005, 04:02 PM   #5
jenn_jeffery
If I were you, I would buy a cheaper morph or two, breed and sale those. Be sure you can and want to handle that many snakes. Build your reputation, and THEN get into some of the more expensive morphs. If you have the morph, and it's worth $10,000, then yes, it will eventually sale. Without having a good reputation, it's going to be HARD to sell the hets for more than a normals price.

Buy a good camera, and look into microchipping the animals as well, for extra buyer protection.

Old 01-21-2005, 05:40 PM   #6
BallPyFan
Why look for the most expensive one? They will drop in price steadily anyway until the market stabilizes. Albinos are an excellent example of that. First genetically proven morph, price has slowly come down to the $2000-3000 range right now, but since the price drop seems to have slowed it would appear it is becoming a more stable market. Pastels, being a "co-dom" have come down at a quicker rate, but also show signs of stabilizing soon, and the males price will probably stabilize around $500 with females being higher. If *I* had the money, I would invest in pieds and hypos. Pieds because they have the "Oh, cool!" factor, and hypos because everyone wants to cross it with something else. (Although I like hypos, especially orange hypos, just by themselves!) Bottom line would be "Find what YOU like, and breed to suit yourself first and foremost." These are living creatures, not hunks of metal or rock. Appreciate them for what they are.

Old 01-21-2005, 09:59 PM   #7
nicolai
another one is...

amir has a ivory ball python for 100,000

Old 01-21-2005, 10:53 PM   #8
NEWReptiles
There have been Regius sold for 100k plus. and NO, you will not beable to sell them for that.

I can't help but think you have no business working with these creatures. There is no reason to ask questions of this nature. If you like these animals, then breed normals, if that works find a morph that catches your eye.

If you have a passion for a certian animal, then you will be more likely to be successful. If your looking for fast money, you will fail.

Just my thoughts.........

Old 01-22-2005, 01:02 AM   #9
BallPyFan
Al, I actually agree with you on this subject You do realize you are raining on his get-rich-quick-by-investing-in-ball-pythons dream, don't you? There goes my "buy his collection in 5 years" scheme, ya done let the cat out of the bag there!

Hey Jon, for the record, I have 16 BPs, 14 of which are about as normal as I can figure, almost half found in pet stores Each one has a name, and its own quirks and personality. Get one normal, fall in love with it, then worry about whether you want to breed.
Again: Bottom line would be "Find what YOU like, and breed to suit yourself first and foremost." These are living creatures, not hunks of metal or rock. Appreciate them for what they are.

Old 01-22-2005, 03:07 AM   #10
NEWReptiles
Quote:
Hey Jon, for the record, I have 16 BPs, 14 of which are about as normal as I can figure, almost half found in pet stores Each one has a name, and its own quirks and personality.
Same here, they all have names and personalities that vary greatly. I also have a great number of normals which I am very attatched to.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!