2005 Florida International Reptile Show. Well Done Tony Cueto - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-10-2005, 10:34 PM   #1
Suncoast Herpetological
2005 Florida International Reptile Show. Well Done Tony Cueto

I have been attending the Tampa International Reptile Show since it was started in 1995. I have been setting up as a vendor there since 1998. The show has always been well run and well advertised and is one of the few shows I work each year.

This year was no exception. The entire show setup for the 10th Anniversary was well organized and professionally executed. Advertising was strong and foot traffic was very heavy. In my estimation, this was one of the best shows that Mr. Cueto has promoted.

Well done Tony and thank you

Old 04-10-2005, 10:52 PM   #2
brucestephenson
I was there too, and I enjoyed it much! I took many pictures including some at Suncoast's tables. I was the large guy with dark brown pants, a black T-shirt, glasses and a digital camera.

I will be posting the pictures (many) in the photo gallery as soon as I can, but I might have to wait until next weekend because of my heavy work schedule. I also hung out with Tom Crutchfield and Turtlepimp/Andy Sury, and I will post some very interesting things on the Tom Crutchfield thread soon.

Old 04-11-2005, 06:48 AM   #3
Jim O
I was there too and it was an overall very positive experience. Clean, comfortable, spaciously laid out. I would liked to have seen more pythons (aside from the ubiquitous Ball Pythons) but I still managed to take home a few cool boids.

Nice meeting you there, John. Sorry I missed you, Bruce. Next time maybe!

Old 04-11-2005, 08:38 AM   #4
The BoidSmith
Does anyone have a list of vendors that were present or a link to it?

Thanks

Old 04-11-2005, 10:08 AM   #5
Mike Greathouse
If you go to Tony's web site at: http://www.reptileandexoticanimalshow.com/inter/
you can click on the exhibitor list on the left of the page and see everyone who was registered.

Old 04-11-2005, 10:18 AM   #6
Gino
I agree John. You can't do better than sell-out, now can you?
This was our best Spring show to date.
I think Tony did a good job here. The lunches are now the best ever.
Ellen and I also enjoyed doing the music on Friday night and are grateful for all the nice things people had to say.
I'm grateful to Tony for the promotion of the upcoming Reptile CD.
Thanks again, John for the nice albino Bulls as always your stuff is top rate.
Gino Sassani
Lost World Reptiles

Old 04-11-2005, 12:19 PM   #7
turtlepimp
It was our best sping show to date as well.Bruce I really enjoyed hanging out and talking,John,it was nice talking to you as well.
The show was great right up until the point my wife threw my keys away.I caught Tony a little off guard when I asked him where the trash went after the cans got emptied He though he had it all covered.

Great show.Bravo

Andy Sury

Old 04-11-2005, 01:54 PM   #8
The BoidSmith
Thanks Mike!

Regards

Old 04-11-2005, 09:48 PM   #9
CheriS
We also attended the show as a vendor this year and I was very happy with the results. We took enough caresheets on some species that should have lasted at least for the day and were wipped out by 10:30 due to the heavy traffic the first 2 hours. Saturday night I had to make more copies and also the sales were better than I expected!

Tony was in a great mood and really there for us when needed. yeah the vendor packs were late getting to us, but everything else was better than expected.

I know that both vendors next to us had the best sales at a show they have ever had, one selling out the Saturday morning of everything they brought with them and the reptile supplies seller said he had a better Saturday than any other show for the whole weekend. They had to drive back home Saturday night for more supplies instead of staying in Tampa as planned...... sure can't complain with that.

My only regret was that we were so busy, I really did not have the time to walk around and visit other booths that much

Old 04-11-2005, 10:13 PM   #10
brucestephenson
A friend who was there with me at the Tampa show told me that Mark Bell sold a thirty thousand dollar ball python there. :eatpointe

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!