Fl.International Reptile Show? - Page 17 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 05-10-2006, 11:55 PM   #161
homegrownherps
Well it looks like I will be on the phone tomorrow. I will have to find out if Tony is involved with the shows or Repticon in any, way, shape, or form.
I am booked to do the Jacksonville in June. But if Tony has any involvement I will not attend the show and will be asking for a refund.

I was on the website and it is unclear of what is to be.

Old 05-10-2006, 11:56 PM   #162
Suncoast Herpetological
This has been an amusing day

This is the current announcement on Tony's site

Quote:
It is with great excitement that we announce Repticon's acquisition of Southeastern Shows, including the Florida International Reptile Show, the Atlanta Reptile & Exotic Animal Show, and the South Carolina Reptile & Exotic Animal Show. Over the past 3 years the Repticon team has produced over 50 reptile shows throughout the South-East, and we look forward to merging our unique family-friendly atmosphere with the rich heritage of the shows that Tony Queto and his team have worked to build throughout the past decade. Check back soon for exciting news regarding the new Fall 2006 show schedule, and more details about this exciting development.
It sure would be interesting to know the terms of that sale. All three of those shows bombed over the last year. If the buyer was a good negotiator Tony may have enough to fill his tank and buy a burger and fries.

Old 05-11-2006, 12:18 AM   #163
Gino
I've done a Repticon show and it was fine.
I hope they plan on changing their Clearwater Show so as not to be a week before the Tampa show.
If they do not have Tony as part of the deal and committ to healing fences I would certainly consider vending at their show.
I still think it would be a horrible idea to continue the show a week apart.
I hope we'll hear more about their intentions soon.
Gino

Old 05-11-2006, 12:21 AM   #164
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino
I hope they plan on changing their Clearwater Show so as not to be a week before the Tampa show.
If they do not have Tony as part of the deal and committ to healing fences I would certainly consider vending at their show.
I still think it would be a horrible idea to continue the show a week apart.
I hope we'll hear more about their intentions soon.
Gino
Agreed Gino. And, BTW...my previous comments were not meant to be derogatory to Repticon. I just hope they distance themselves completely from the previous promoter.

Old 05-11-2006, 12:24 AM   #165
audrypayne
Oops! Did I let the cat out of the hat? Couldn't help myself. It just felt soooo right.

Old 05-11-2006, 12:31 AM   #166
Repticon
We'll post more details on our sites over the weekend, but I wanted to get a few facts on the table immediately:

1) Tony will not be part of any of the shows moving forward. In fact, as part of our purchase contract he has signed a five-year non-compete agreement with us that prohibits him from promoting shows in Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. While we respect the great work that Tony and Alex did together building their shows, the Repticon team is the team that will be managing and promoting the shows that we just purchased.

2) We've talked to some of the vendors who were at the Clearwater, Atlanta, and Anderson shows. (We actually took a table at the Clearwater show to promote our recent Orlando show.) We're well aware of the significant challenges at each of those shows, and we have not yet determined when and where we will re-schedule the Fall shows. As we reschedule, we will certainly make every effort to avoid date conflicts with other promoters' shows in the same markets, and will attempt to re-build relationships wherever possible.

As always, we're happy to hear any suggestions as we work to improve all of our shows, and truly appreciate any feedback that you'd like to provide.

Billy Healy
www.Repticon.com
www.Reptileandexoticanimalshow.com

Old 05-11-2006, 12:36 AM   #167
Gino
Good Job jumping out there with information.
I'm certainly interested in the Sept conflict.
I have a huge personal stake in it with the release of In Cold Blood.
The concert's already scheduled and the recording dates locked in.
Thanks to Tony this thing's been delayed too long.
Philadelphia Phil is getting awefully testy.
Gino

Old 05-11-2006, 12:56 AM   #168
KathyLove
Thanks Billy!

I was actually writing an email to Tina as you were posting this!

Glad to hear you are going to take over the shows and try to use vendor input to make them better. I have always liked working with you and Tina and always wished your out of town shows were bigger so I could afford the expense of going to more of them. Maybe these new shows can be molded to fit the bill.

I don't know if you noticed, but there is a thread about Repticon, and some questions about the problems of running shows have been posed. It would be great if you could take a look at it and add any thoughts you might have. It is here:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=80026

See you in Ft. Myers in July!

Old 05-11-2006, 08:20 AM   #169
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repticon
We'll post more details on our sites over the weekend, but I wanted to get a few facts on the table immediately:

1) Tony will not be part of any of the shows moving forward. In fact, as part of our purchase contract he has signed a five-year non-compete agreement with us that prohibits him from promoting shows in Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. While we respect the great work that Tony and Alex did together building their shows, the Repticon team is the team that will be managing and promoting the shows that we just purchased.

2) We've talked to some of the vendors who were at the Clearwater, Atlanta, and Anderson shows. (We actually took a table at the Clearwater show to promote our recent Orlando show.) We're well aware of the significant challenges at each of those shows, and we have not yet determined when and where we will re-schedule the Fall shows. As we reschedule, we will certainly make every effort to avoid date conflicts with other promoters' shows in the same markets, and will attempt to re-build relationships wherever possible.

As always, we're happy to hear any suggestions as we work to improve all of our shows, and truly appreciate any feedback that you'd like to provide.

Billy Healy
www.Repticon.com
www.Reptileandexoticanimalshow.com

That's the kind of response all of us vendors like to see from a promoter Billy. Good luck with your new acquisition.

Old 05-11-2006, 10:21 AM   #170
audrypayne
Looks like Billy paid off Tony's bad debt. You are a great guy Billy. If Tony ever shows up at one of your shows, please charge him full price for admission.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!