Late '06 amel and double het normals - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 12:02 PM   #31
jaxom1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
You know...something smells funny on this thread as well...perhaps another IP check is in order?
If you are implying that I am that same person, please, go right ahead and check. I live in Modesto, CA. I've purchased several snakes from members of faunaclassifieds and cornsnakes.com, had them shipped to my home address, and provided my landline phone number to the sellers. I've never offered anything for sale or trade. It is just that kind of slur, the assumption that anyone who questions your ranting must be guilty by association, that makes me doubt the accusations. I'm not going to brand someone a scammer based on some flame war on another thread.

I originally posted to this thread because I thought the snakes Kevin had for sale were priced well below what they were worth. I didn't post in the thread for a while because I thought his group rate was the opposite: priced above what the snakes were worth.

I'm still waiting to hear from anyone who tried to buy the snakes locally and was either given misinformation or in some way felt they were being scammed. As to the genetics, I think that it was clear from his posts that he doesn't have a grasp on morphs yet, and was relying on information from the person from whom he purchased his snake (see post #12). As I've said, I don't know him, but this campaign to brand him a scammer doesn't seem warranted by how he has comported himself.

Old 10-20-2006, 12:13 PM   #32
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxom1957
If you are implying that I am that same person, please, go right ahead and check. I live in Modesto, CA. I've purchased several snakes from members of faunaclassifieds and cornsnakes.com, had them shipped to my home address, and provided my landline phone number to the sellers. I've never offered anything for sale or trade. It is just that kind of slur, the assumption that anyone who questions your ranting must be guilty by association, that makes me doubt the accusations. I'm not going to brand someone a scammer based on some flame war on another thread.

I originally posted to this thread because I thought the snakes Kevin had for sale were priced well below what they were worth. I didn't post in the thread for a while because I thought his group rate was the opposite: priced above what the snakes were worth.

I'm still waiting to hear from anyone who tried to buy the snakes locally and was either given misinformation or in some way felt they were being scammed. As to the genetics, I think that it was clear from his posts that he doesn't have a grasp on morphs yet, and was relying on information from the person from whom he purchased his snake (see post #12). As I've said, I don't know him, but this campaign to brand him a scammer doesn't seem warranted by how he has comported himself.
IF you look ONLY at the cornsnake deal, you are correct, he's a bit dim but not bad.

However, there is an overwhelming abundance of evidence in the linked thread that he IS indeed a true scumbag.

If you would look up and see the forest, you may notice that you are surrounded by trees.

The guy is a newbie scammer that set up a false identity MONTHS ago. Why would one need a false identity? Do you jaxom, have other identities? I bet you don't. I bet you're an honest guy too.

I think you need to think a bit more.

You probably owe Shrap an appology too.

Old 10-20-2006, 12:26 PM   #33
Cat_72
A "flame war"???

Cripes, the guy gave his PHONE NUMBER to someone, and it ended up being the phone number of the OTHER POSTER? What's the logical explanation for that?

Old 10-20-2006, 12:32 PM   #34
jaxom1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
You probably owe Shrap an appology too.
For what? I've posted that I don't find the evidence persuasive and invited anyone who has had direct dealings with the seller to post. I've insulted no one, called no one names, and posted no insinuations. I owe no apologies to Shrap or anyone else.

Perhaps you meant to say the opposite, that both Shrap and Cat_72 owe me apologies for their blatant insinuations that I am the same person they are branding a scammer? Unlike far too many users, I try to stick to the point and address the arguments made; I don't rely on insults or post innuendo in lieu of facts.

You find the evidence "overwhelming"; it doesn't meet the burden of proof I require. Those are opinions which we are each entitled to hold, and which we are entitled to post. When I insult another user, tell me I owe an apology. I don't owe one for voicing an opposing opinion.

Old 10-20-2006, 12:35 PM   #35
Wilomn
Quote:
For what? I've posted that I don't find the evidence persuasive and invited anyone who has had direct dealings with the seller to post. I've insulted no one, called no one names, and posted no insinuations. I owe no apologies to Shrap or anyone else.

Perhaps you meant to say the opposite, that both Shrap and Cat_72 owe me apologies for their blatant insinuations that I am the same person they are branding a scammer? Unlike far too many users, I try to stick to the point and address the arguments made; I don't rely on insults or post innuendo in lieu of facts.

You find the evidence "overwhelming"; it doesn't meet the burden of proof I require. Those are opinions which we are each entitled to hold, and which we are entitled to post. When I insult another user, tell me I owe an apology. I don't owe one for voicing an opposing opinion.
One more guy on the do not do business with, he supports known scammers and scumbags list.

It's too bad. Other than your optical disability I'm sure you're a nice guy.

IF you get that vision thing taken care of, let me know.

Old 10-20-2006, 12:45 PM   #36
jaxom1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
One more guy on the do not do business with, he supports known scammers and scumbags list.
Yet another "guilt by association" smear.

Please cite any post of mine that makes unsupported claims or offers testimonials supporting known scammers. What you will find are posts in which I invite users to post evidence to support their claims, and in which I post the evidence I believe provides doubt. As I am doing no business on this forum, your point is moot, but I will lose little sleep over losing the future opportunity to trade with someone so quick to brand me guilty of imagined offenses.

Old 10-20-2006, 12:47 PM   #37
Wilomn
Quote:
Yet another "guilt by association" smear.

Please cite any post of mine that makes unsupported claims or offers testimonials supporting known scammers. What you will find are posts in which I invite users to post evidence to support their claims, and in which I post the evidence I believe provides doubt. As I am doing no business on this forum, your point is moot, but I will lose little sleep over losing the future opportunity to trade with someone so quick to brand me guilty of imagined offenses.
If I beat you to death with the evidence, which is apparently what is necessary to get you to see what is plain and simple, then you won't be alive enough to appreciate how wrong you were.

So, I'll just let you go with this, my final opinion on your opinion.

Eh.

Old 10-20-2006, 12:52 PM   #38
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxom1957
Um, so the fact that Nick gave his phone number, and the phone number just happened to actually be Kevin's phone number means nothing? And that they are posting from the SAME COMPUTER isn't proof of anything, even though they supposedly live in 2 different states?

Man, I guess ya gotta hit some people over the head with proof.

Old 10-20-2006, 12:58 PM   #39
shrap
Quote:
Perhaps you meant to say the opposite, that both Shrap and Cat_72 owe me apologies for their blatant insinuations that I am the same person they are branding a scammer?
I didnt insinuate a thing. Never implied a thing or accused you of anything. I simply stated a thought crossed my mind based on the similarities of the two threads.

That is why an IP check was requested. To find if the similarities were coincidence or not.

Old 10-20-2006, 01:16 PM   #40
CMCreptiles
People read the BOI about this bird

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread