FedEx Shipping Update??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-06-2004, 06:08 PM   #1
David R.
FedEx Shipping Update???

Just was wondering how many of you have gone through the FedEx "reptile" shipping process and are now shipping herps via FedEx with no problems? Did you have any problems getting your shipping boxes approved? Are you now able to label your boxes correctly and "legal" as per the "Lacey Act"?

I'm aware of the "long" thread currently started on this subject and know that many of you were starting the FedEx "approval" process. However, I have not read or heard of anyone yet shipping via FedEx on a 100% approved basis with no problems.

Any updates would be appreciated.

Thank you.

David Rivers

Old 03-06-2004, 06:54 PM   #2
WebSlave
I sent out about a dozen shipments last week with absolutely no problems. Got more lined up for this week. Unfortunately, the FedEx program doesn't have any way to put the contents right on the label, so I will have to come up with something else to do that with easier than just writing it on the box itself.

Old 03-06-2004, 07:00 PM   #3
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Rich,

I create labels on my computer and tape them on the sides of the boxes that all state "Live Harmless Reptiles" "Keep Inside" "No Extremem Temps" & "UP" You can also purchase labels at office depost and print on them and place them on the sides.

Old 03-06-2004, 07:20 PM   #4
David R.
Attn: Rob

Your labels sound fine, but was wondering where exactly do you label the box as to its exact contents in order to comply with the "Lacey Act"?

Thank you.

David Rivers

Old 03-06-2004, 07:38 PM   #5
WebSlave
Rob, David's query is what I was actually addressing in my post about contents of the boxes. With UPS I could put that right on the shipping label, but FedEx's program doesn't allow me to do that.

I guess I could print up a bunch of labels saying "X number of corn snakes" or some such, but that seems like such a wasted effort. Maybe I could get one of the office supply stores to make me up some sort of rubber ink stamp or something....

Old 03-06-2004, 07:53 PM   #6
David R.
Attn: Rich

Was wondering if you still purchase your shipping boxes from Superior Ent.? If so, was that the shipping boxes that they approved? If yes do you know if FedEX would still want me to send in a few sample boxes for testing or would I be allowed to say that I would be using the Superior boxes which have already been approved. Just wondering. I'm not attempting to skip a step or give FedEx a hard time, but since a lot of us do indeed use their boxes, if they have already been approved, it seems like they would not need to see the boxes again..

Please advise.

David Rivers

Old 03-06-2004, 08:26 PM   #7
BryonsBoas
Just throwing this out here

http://www.uline.com/Class_13.asp

This link is for a label section in their catalog . The company will send you a free catalog and will custom print rolls of 1000 labels for you. Plus they have a butt load of other shipping stuff.

Old 03-06-2004, 09:12 PM   #8
WebSlave
David, I guess you could ask FedEx about this, as it would be a logical thing to do. I am sure it costs them time and money to test each box sent to them, so approving a known type of box would be a reasonable thing for them to consider.

It sure would streamline this process as well, which couldn't be a bad thing on their part.

Old 03-06-2004, 09:18 PM   #9
Phil
FedEx approval

Rich (and others),
Hello. I was just wondering how long it took you to get your box (or approval letter) returned?

Thanks & God bless,
Phil Frost
ZNJ Exotics
znjexotics@hotmail.com

Old 03-06-2004, 11:18 PM   #10
SnakeIntheGrass
Make big labels

I use the sticky paper used to stick to medical charts to make labels for my shipping boxes. My wife is a medical transcriptionists so I just steal it from her. The sheets are the same size as normal paper and go right through the printer plus the paper is really sticky and doesnt come off. The finished boxes look great. Thomas Grass, Snake In the Grass Herpetoculture

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!